Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Outdoor & Walking shoes
  • Mounty_73

Looking for some new outdoor/walking shoes.

Are Salomon shoes any good?

hammyuk
    Free Member

The best IMO – have used others over the years and none of them fit or wear anywhere near as well.
    Very important to get fitted correctly though first as certain models are “corrective” so fit differently to the main ones.
    I know that I can buy any 7.5/8 of any other than the corrective ones and they will fit straight off, be comfortable and last me yonks.

druidh
    Free Member

I always buy Salomon these days – but’s that’s because I know they fit me well. I struggled for years to get something that matched the shape of my foot and that’s more important than any other factor. My advice would therefore be to try on lots of different makes.

RustySpanner

What kind of walking?

Valleys, hills, big hills?

Albanach
    Free Member

Had three pairs of gore tex north face walking shoe/trainers and they have been excellent. Really comfy, sturdy and warm.

grum
    Free Member

Sorry to give the stock answer but the best boots are the ones that fit you best – go to a decent shop and get proper fitting/advice IMO.

allthepies
    Free Member

Just bought a pair of North Face Hedgehog GTX shoes.

Great name, great shoes 🙂

Cougar

I really rate my Salomon’s. Go Outdoors do deals on them occasionally, my last pair were just over half price.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I wear my Salomon Elios mids every day – they last twice as long as the two pairs of North Face I tried.
    But, as has been said, you do need to buy the brand that fits your feet!

CountZero

While not a ‘walking’ boot, I got a pair of Meindle Desert Fox army boots recently, and they’re fantastic, possibly the most comfortable boots I’ve ever owned. They did need a pair of comfort insoles, the standard ones are very thin, but I’ve walked miles in them.
    Not a winter/wet weather boot, mind.

piemonster

What Grum said

Fit first, everything else comes second. Doesn’t matter a toss if there keyed up with the latest GTX XR3i super duper dogs danglies if they don’t fit.

What fits one person may not fit another, you’d be better off asking which shop for walking boots rather than which walking boots.

Edric64
    Free Member

Merrell are poor 110 uid 18 months old soles still fine but the uppers rip apart and they have never even been showerproof .So useless as an outdoor approach shoe

ampthill

I like my 5.10|

In the end forget marketing its foot shape. My feet don’t fit in Salmons

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Outdoor & Walking shoes’ is closed to new replies.