Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Outdoor Security camera recommendations/Alarm
  • Alex

Two requirements, assume separate components.

We live in a very rural area. Bikes and my outside office are in a purpose built wooden structure that has only basic security (window locks, normal door locks). It’s about 30m from the house. Insurance covers the bikes while doors/windows are locked but I’d like something a bit more robust.

I don’t want to lock the bikes up. I’m happy they are insured, so ig we do get a break in, I want a noisy alarm and some high quality video.

So:

Cameras

– motion sensitive. Really don’t want 24 hour coverage. Already have some powerful PIR lights so night coverage shouldn’t be a big issue. Yeah we’ll catch some squirrels running about but that’s fine
    – fully waterproof and weatherproof
    – phone app would be good. Failing that some easy way to review footage
    – standard comms. don’t mind installing ethernet cable but don’t want some proprietary cabling/protocols so IP preferred
    – decent size hard drive although with motion sensing shouldn’t fit up that quick
    – Not horrendously complex to setup or monitor
    – 3 to four cameras to cover all angles

Alarm:
    – something noisy. Probably on door entry (there are two) and motion sensitive
    – easy to turn off tho, can you get a remote or something rather than keypad

Big shed has power and internet and lots of space to install kit. I

So many things out there. No idea what’s best to go for. Budget is probably £300-£400 for both if possible.

Any recommendations?

smogmonster

I havent a clue about cameras – i use Nest cams so different to your requirements, however if you have £400 to spend, why not spend a little extra and get an Asgard Shed instead of cameras, so they dont get nicked in the first place? I have one and its going to take something rather special to break into it, its a beast. Anyone trying will make an almighty racket as well. Short of an angle grinder i cant them ever being broken into.

Alex

Already got a big shed. don’t need another one! What I want is visible and audible warnings/recordings as often there’s no one here and we’re off any main road so if someone wanted the bikes, they’d have plenty of time to break in.

allthepies
    Free Member
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Outdoor Security camera recommendations/Alarm’ is closed to new replies.