Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Outdoor bike storage ideas
  • dan1980
    Free Member

We're looking at moving to another rented house, and my bikes are currently stored in a stone out building, and cable locked to wall and floor anchors (so reasonably secure)

The new place doesn't have any external bike storage, but does have a large paved area.

Does anyone have any (cheapish i.e. £100) solutions to my bike storage problem. The other half doesn't want them in the house.

ajf
    Free Member

For £100 I can chuck out your other half? Problem solved

(Travel and expenses extra, not including VAT)

sweepy
    Free Member

Sometimes you need to put your foot down with a firm hand and just insist they stay indoors.

simon_g

Bike tent? Most have holes in the back/floor for ground or wall anchors. Not ideal, but not any less secure than a shed really.

Waderider
    Free Member

I live in a two bedroom flat with no room to swing a cat. The second bedroom isn't spare, it's a study and a guest bed, covered in bike shite. The hall has four bikes. Out the back is the hack bike chained up at the back door. Four wardrobes/cupboards out of five are full of outdoors and bike stuff. Under the marital bed is outdoors stuff. The roofspace is full of bike tat like wheels, tyres, frames.

My wife gets a seat and a televison, and a nice bike; oh, and she has me. Your other half needs re-educated. Our you picked the wrong person for your lifestyle.

Farmer_John
    Free Member

AlasdairMc

Spend more money and get a metal shed that you can take with you when you move on. I've got an Asgard Access that is marketed as taking four bikes but will take five if two of them have the bars twisted round. It was £450 and weighs a ton (metaphorically speaking)

Gnnr

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7053225/Trail/searchtext%3EMETAL+SHED.htm

May be a bit small but its only £99!! There are other bigger versions available.

carbon337
    Free Member

I got a 6*4 shed from B&Q for about £100 all bikes chained together and also through a few buckets of concrete with a d-ring set in them.

MrAgreeable

You're not going to get a decent secure shed for £99 new. I'd have a look at what's available second hand via Trade-It, Gumtree, etc, and get the sturdiest one you can find, then beef it up further using plywood lining, decents hasps and hinges for the door, etc.

Some ideas here: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/how-to-toughen-up-your-bike-shed-part-1-21131

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Outdoor bike storage ideas’ is closed to new replies.