Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Outdoor Bike Storage
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Hopefully, we’re moving soon – sadly though, there won’t be room in the house for bikes (I might just squeeze my bouncy bike under the stairs, but it’s not likely).

So I need a good shed. There’s an outside toilet that could possible be extended, which might be the best option – otherwise it’s a shed. Asguard look pretty decent, but the Mrs would prefer something wooden (“it looks nicer”) and I’d quite like something I could fit all my bikes in and have a bit of space for stuff too.

So I’m thinking maybe something like this with beefed up hinges and locks, a ground anchor and / or shed shackle and maybe an alarm might not be too bad…

Any suggestions / recommendations?

MartynS

How much of a ball ache would it be to clad the asguard shed?

I’ve had a few outdoor bike storage unauthorised relocation problems… (If you see what I mean..!)

If it was the wooden shed I’d be building a steel cage inside.
    My first choice would be looking to use the outdoor loo somehow…

flyingmonkeycorps

Yeah I think the outdoor loo is the best option, should have opportunities for anchors and such too. It may be that I can build a frame in there to hang bikes off, then have a cheapy wooden shed for non-valuable stuff.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Any suggestions / recommendations?

Consult your insurance company, they will be able to give the best advice – ie at least the minimum they require to pay out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Outdoor Bike Storage’ is closed to new replies.