Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Out of season family holidays on the Balearics…
  • Kryton57

Any been? Is it worth considering? There’s a huge reduction in cost in going for a week in Easter, as opposed to August but is it shite? Please bear in my my definition of shite is based on measures less than tacky kids entertainment, inclusive Spanish beer and lying around in the sun / pool all day.

Saccades
    Free Member

Similar but not – went to fuerteventura for New Years eve, well the 10 days surrounding it.

I hate similar to you (but wife loves them), so I hired a bike each day and had a spin out everywhere, it was cool enough to enjoy (probably slightly too cold for the pool).

Then we’ed bbq in the evening and saunter about the pretty bits.

A lot of the more touristy things were closed but the general atmosphere was pretty good.

Kryton57

It’s not that I hate them, those are the reason we are going. Sun pool and beach plus tacky entertain,net is what the kids love, so that’s good.

I,m just wondering if the hotels will be empty, food lacking, and entertainment closed. I’m happy as long as it’s warm and e beer flows.

mogrim

I,m just wondering if the hotels will be empty, food lacking, and entertainment closed. I’m happy as long as it’s warm and e beer flows.

At Easter this year? It’ll quite possibly be pissing down, and the sea will be cold. I’d go to the Canaries.

Kryton57

In Majorca?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Depending on your willingness to gamble on weather, Canaries might be a better bet, as mogrim says. I think it’s May really, when Mallorca starts to properly warm up.

Canaries average high teens in April, whereas Mallorca is low teens (again average).

konabunny
    Free Member

It’s not going to be hot hot hot. Lots of stuff will be closed. It rains a lot. There is a reason it is cheap. I liked it tho

ampthill

I have a friend working their at the moment. She seems to post endless photos of blue skies and cycling in shorts. Looks lovely

https://www.instagram.com/ottiliequince/

Actually quite hard to find the mallorca ones as she got a bit post happy at the Tour of Qatar. Worth a look just to play spot the roadie Pro.

Not sure I’ve helped

we had a good autumn half term there. Not mega hot but sunny and nice

Kryton57

Well, I want the heat. Best get saving up….

julians
    Free Member

I have a place in mallorca, at easter the weather can be variable, you could get 20 degree and sunny or it could be 10 degree and raining. More likely to be sunny than raining though.

The sea and pools will be too cold for swimming.

The holiday resort areas will be v quiet, but more normal towns will be fine.

Good for road and mtb riding at thus time of year though

I don’t bother going out until may,but that’s more because I have limited time off work,so want to take it when the weather is at its best.

loddrik
    Free Member

Can only comment on Ibiza. End of March will be coat weather at night and mild in the day, not particularly hot. Everywhere will be dead and most bars and restaurants will not yet have opened for the summer season. I wouldn’t bother.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well me and my sailing mates always used to go to Minorca Sailing every 1st week in March to get both sun and warm winds. For years we had a blast then two mates got divorced and that put an end to 5 families enjoying life.

I can only recommend it on the basis that it is a sailing centre, on a lovely island, with a town just 20mins walk away and a restaurant that does steak and chips and beer, thats it, thats the menu. It still pings up in my memory when watching Valverde ride out of town in his illes balears kit and head on up the road during a training camp..

I like the island.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Out of season family holidays on the Balearics…’ is closed to new replies.