Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Our thoughts and prayers with Faty
  • Travis

That post we didn't want to read, has appeared.

Susan will leave a legacy behind her, if we fight, try as we might as half as she did, we would all achieve so much more.
    Our thoughts are with you and your family Elden.

Peace.

Travis & Helen

NZCol

Nothing really to say other than having been through it once with a friend (32, melanoma) and now with my Dad (66, Methoselioma) I've had it with cancer.

Fatty & Susans story is replicated all round the world every day and that makes me sad. BUt she fought a battle she would always lose and lost with valour. RIP.

beej

Indeed – nothing more to say, our thoughts are with him and his family.

One of the inspriational things about his blog has been the amount of money rasied in Susan's name. Donate here:

Fattys Livestrong Page

simonk
    Free Member

Sorry to read indeed, my thoughts go out to Fatti.

Simon K

Pigface
    Free Member

Thats bad news but the suffering is over, thoughts go out to Faty.

It is weird how the passing of people you dont know affects you, John Peel I was really upset by another one that really shocked me was Millie Dowler and that is back in the news at the moment. Perversley the Soham girls atrocity didn't figure on my radar at all.

dmiller
    Free Member

Don’t Say She Lost….

Susan’s part in the battle is over, but she didn’t lose. She led the charge. She showed the rest of us how to fight: with determination, focus, creativity, and outrageous endurance.

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2009/08/05/dont-say-she-lost/

Poor fatty 🙁

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Such horrible news. Fatty has been such a great guy through it all and should be an inspiration to us all.

SSP

tails
    Free Member

Can't say I had heard of fatty until today. Who are susan and fatty? Anyone remember the blog/website of this guy I think from NYC who also had cancer?

Anyway cancer if your listening you suck big time! best of luck to you fatty.

hugorune

I only found out this morning through a twin6 promo email. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I hadn't been following his blog quite so closely recently – It felt like you were intruding into his personal space. I know blogs are for sharing but I didn't want to see the final post.

It kind of brings home the nastyness of dying a little by little each day. My Father-in-law has what started off as prostate cancer and is now attacking his lymphatic system and bones. It makes me so angry to see this former county level rugby player and marathon runner unable to stand for more that a few minutes and on two crutches. I know we're talking months rather than years and my two kids aren't going to know their grandad.

We can all do something to make a little difference

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Our thoughts and prayers with Faty’ is closed to new replies.