• This topic has 45 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Our house stinks
  • johndoh
    Free Member

It looks like there is a fossilised animal in there.

digga
    Free Member

Needs thickening up a bit – try a few teaspoons of cornflour.

mogrim

Is that Han Solo?

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol.. after spending the day trying to sort it out ou 3yo has just come back in the house and said “EEEEW what’s that smell?! Yuk yuk yuk!”

Not sure if she means the reduction of poulet or the Fabreze tbh.

globalti
    Free Member

The smell will go eventually but washing all surfaces down with detergent will remove the tars that give off the smell.

Try having an Aga – you cook everything inside the ovens and the smells go straight up the flue so it’s easy to forget that croissant or pie that you left to warm and open it next morning to find a big lump of carbon. Gti Junior once put something in the hot oven on a polyethylene plate, which melted and dripped onto the oven floor where it seethed and boiled for hours, turning slowly blacker and blacker. By the time I found it, it was looking like black tar boiling away. I scraped it off with a wooden spatula and cleaned up with paper towels, leaving a pool of hot oil. Within a couple of days the intense heat had completely evaporated the oily patch up the flue.

JoeG
    Free Member

Seize the opportunity, Molgrips. It smells like a new bike to me! 😀

Edit – lol at the photo!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Our house stinks’ is closed to new replies.