Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ouch! Just had a crash on the commute home …
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Not with a car though. Another bike.

Basically there’s a short steep bit to a cycle path on the route home, I’m going straight on but there’s a bit that goes off to the right. I’m going down it and another bike comes around the corner at the bottom heading straight for me (no I didn’t see them as it’s blocked off a bit). It was one of those slow motion unavoidable moments where neither of us could move out the way. Bang. It’s quite a wide concrete path, so I fly through the air and land on my side. I felt my head hit the concrete hard on the side, I now have an almost split in two helmet, bleeding elbow, sore hand, knees and thigh – landed on my right side. Amazingly my clothes seem to be intact, but I think I’m going to have some grazes and big bruises coming up.

The other guy was in shock more than anything, I think he took the brunt of my speed and got knocked off to the ground.

I’m just gonna say, without that helmet on I probably wouldn’t be able to write this now. And, I think I’ll be a bit more careful on that bit of cycle path from now on!

And …. ouch!

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Ouch that’s gonna hurt but glad you are ultimately ok.

Keep an eye on your head though, just in case

MoreCashThanDash

Is there anyone with you tonight? If you even remotely start to feel woozy, nauseous or your vision goes blurred, get someone to take you to A&E or if you are on your own phone 999 and unlock the front door so they can get in!

I banged my head coming off on ice a few years back – only after the event did I realise I was concussed and in no fit state to carry on the way I did.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Thanks. I did wonder about the impact on the head, it was on the side and felt like a bad headache at the time but soon went. Feel ok now just ache all over, right thigh feels really stiff and right thumb swelling up a bit … think I might have to suffer the bus tomorrow.

I’ll watch out for anything unusual, wife will be home later.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ouch! Just had a crash on the commute home …’ is closed to new replies.