Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ouch. Cheap commuter now required
  • HughStew

Last night leaving work I crashed my commuter, a slick tyred 24 year-old Team Marin. I was forced out of a lane by a close pass and while looking for a way out didn’t see the enormous pothole which bundled me off. I have a few cuts and bruises, but the bike has a snapped chain-stay. It’s steel so I can get it welded, but that’ll take some time to arrange, so I was thinking of getting this to serve as my London commuter, and retiring the Marin, when repaired, to pub duties at home in S Wales.

For 200 notes it looks like a can’t go wrong option, and seems suitable for my mostly towpath commute with some bumpy bits. Opinions please.

Conan257
    Free Member

I bought a second hand Genesis IO single speed last year for commuting.

Love the simplicity, and they come in around your budget.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I had a Subway for a while. Nothing wrong with them at all apart from it was very low geared. A cheap 28/38/48 chain set sorted that out.

HughStew

I like the second hand option, but I need it asap, and the right bike in XL is a rare beast.

I’ll probably go for it, low gearing not a problem as it’s only a 7 mile commute and I enjoy pootling along and admiring the inspiring vistas of NE London.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

might be worth popping into Decathlon?

kimbers

Just pop into your local auto repair shop, they’ll usually sort it out within 24hrs ime,
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/steel-frame-repair-help-dropout-expert-required

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ouch. Cheap commuter now required’ is closed to new replies.