Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Ou et the Modern Art thread .. boohoo content
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Ok, so last night I pinged in to catch up on it and promptly fell asleep knowing it was all healthy and full of gusto..

This morning it’s dead..

And I’m Sad, very Sad…

Booohooo

trailmonkey

elfin imploded in a fit of pwnage and it got taken down. as i’m sure this will be real soon.

the concept of the tower hamlets defence has now been born though, so some good came out of it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Snifff,

Anyone got any kleenex?

Snifff…

trailmonkey

wasn’t there some used ones around tracey’s bed ?

richmars

wasn’t there some used ones around tracey’s bed ?

You can’t use that, it’s art.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I really don’t understand why it got closed – it had reached the end of any useful debate tho

trailmonkey

well that’s why then 💡

molgrips
    Free Member

What was the tower hamlets defence then?

DrJ

well that’s why then

Yeah, but it did that halfway down the first page !

molgrips
    Free Member

Ceci n’est pas un thread.

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t believe people bothered to argue with Elfin’s nonsense on there. If I didn’t know the fella, I would’ve said he was trolling with that crap! (no offence, loik)

trailmonkey

What was the tower hamlets defence then?

a general toys out of the pram flouncing, with a side order of faux indignation, with the intention of making a straight pwnage look like a personal attack.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

No point in continuing discussing owt with someone who is rude. See ya.

= the tower hamlets defence… as mentioned above, only to be used when being completely whipped in an argument.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah right, I see 🙂

tom84
    Free Member

looks like i jumped ship at the right time, i was getting a bit bored as we got into page 8. shame that it isn’t on record though, for prosperity’s sake.

ocrider

He’s right about Tracey, though. 😉

Dobbo

a general toys out of the pram flouncing, with a side order of faux indignation, with the intention of making a straight pwnage look like a personal attack.

😆 I’ve only read the last page but that does seem to sum it up well.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Personally, I thought it a success – I managed to get Fred to exchange views with me without any recourse to “street” grammar or insults (I had to work hard for it, though). He even agreed with me at one point!

A Great Leap Forward. 🙂

Went downhill a bit after that, mind.

DezB
    Free Member

It may have “gone”, but you can still read it, I believe –
    clicky

thegreatape
    Free Member

So was it basically that not everyone likes the same stuff?

trailmonkey

no, i think it was about conservative attitudes.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think it was an all time STW classic and I was happy to participate in it. I was of the opinion, in the end, that had the argument gone the other way, Elfin could have and would have argued for Emin rather than against her work as an artist.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Are you suggesting that Fred just likes arguing for the sake of it and doesn’t really mean what he says?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

No.

Err yes.

Sorry – got me doing it now 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Are you suggesting that Fred just likes arguing for the sake of it and doesn’t really mean what he says?

Is that not the very definition of “trolling”? If so, then I take back what I said above!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sniff.. wipe..
    Ewe, that was a wet one..

I thought it a highly amusing and thought provoking thread. Ok, so the last page or so entered into a virtual boxing ring, but you kept your corners well defended didn’t ya’s.. I mean no one pulled hair or bit the others ear.. just general elbows out stuff and puffing of cheeks.. no harm done.
    An interesting divergence from the norm though. Some highly intelligent folks with inspiring thought provoking ideas and beliefs and outlook.
    Enjoyed it thoroughly.
    Here’s hoping we have more debates like that one.

Sniff..

Nah, it’s ok I’ll get over it..

And I’ve thrown away all the wet kleenex now ta.

DrJ

He’s right about Tracey, though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was of the opinion, in the end, that had the argument gone the other way, Elfin could have and would have argued for Emin rather than against her work as an artist.

I disagree i think he really does think she is a [laregly] talentless oaf with a penchant for self promotion nd self absorption.
    IIRC she rated her looks a 10 out of 10 so I think her judgement/eyesight is pish as well but her arrogance means she should be a poster on here.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sorry DezB – missed your post. I tend to agree with you which is a shame because under the bluster I do think Elfin is intelligent and can carry an argument but tends to side with confrontation for the sake of it just like certain other forum members sometimes.

DrJ

oaf with a penchant for self promotion and self absorption.

remind me who we’re talking about …

rOcKeTdOg

Walkers crisps should be interested in sponsoring elf, the chip he carries round on his shoulder must be worth a fortune to them

DezB
    Free Member

…I do think Elfin is intelligent

now you’re being ridiculous 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

8)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Whats elfin like in “real life”? As much of a pain in the arse? Will he have a stand up argument based on his facts about who’s round it is, in the next pub? 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Whats elfin like in “real life”?

Everyone that likes him says he’s nice. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He exudes nearly as much coolness as TSY 8)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’d have a beer with Elfin and have told him so in the past and he has also gone off forum to chat with me about some more personal recent events in my life so I know his heart really is in the right place – I have nothing against him whatsoever.

yunki
    Free Member

It was about the rampant and increasingly compulsory nepotism in art.. and the ensuing confusion it causes when trying to untangle the wheat from the resultant chaff.. with particular reference to attempting to understand the more conceptual stuff amid the chaos.. 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That’s just my body odour Darcy.

molgrips
    Free Member

So was it basically that not everyone likes the same stuff?

I was concerned that people were being dismissive without necessarily fully understanding what they were dismissing.. my ultimate point was that you can slag stuff off but you have to be able to back it up with WHY it’s crap.

Re Elf – I like him, he’s a good chap and the world needs interesting people. You can disagree with people sometimes and remain amicable 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Ou et the Modern Art thread .. boohoo content’ is closed to new replies.