Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • OTP SINGLESPEED WHEELS..?
  • plus-one

Hi all..anyone know good place to buy ready to roll singlespeed wheels..(non bank busting)..not having much luck getting second hand set.. :(..

cheers :D..

epicyclo

Once you’ve built a set, they last forever … until one day you realise they’re clapped out. That’s when you stick them on eBay:)

Or if you bought a set that broke the bank, you slip in new bearings, and away you go again forever … until… (repeat ad infinitum)

This could be why you are finding it hard to get SS wheels 🙂

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Last I looked On-one were doing some really good deals, in some cases with Tyres and stuff too.

plus-one

on one are sold out of the cheapies.. 🙁 anywhere else worth checking out..?

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Oh, I was looking at the 29ers I guess, but I reckon that you’d be just as well to look for “normal” wheels, then get a good spacer set (charliethebikemonger is your man there) that way you can even use them as a spare set of “normal” wheels, should your geared bike go wonky 😉

JxL
    Free Member

+1 for normal cassette wheel. Just got a pair of XTR / Olympic wheels from classifieds for £260, weighing around 1300g for the pair!

You do need a larger cog though, such as Surly, as thin ones could strip out the cassette body.

plus-one

thanks for info guys..normal wheels do make sense..

cheers.. 🙂

Anthony
    Free Member

They don’t weigh 1300g.

cynic-al
    Free Member

cassette wheels for sure. I see no point at all in ss wheels.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I always thought the idea with an ss rear hub was more space between hub flanges therefore (theoretically at least) stronger wheel build? But yes, a whole freehub means you can use spacers to move your chainline in and out. Didn’t Hope do one with a ‘mini’ sized freehub for this reason?

Anthony
    Free Member

Hope do indeed do their Pro2 singlespeed hub, but with reference to the OP, it isn’t that cheap.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘OTP SINGLESPEED WHEELS..?’ is closed to new replies.