Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • other ways to get tv and internet
  • huws
    Free Member

Morning hive mind

It’s been 2 weeks without TV or internet in our new flat and I’ve just found out that it’s going to take another 3 weeks for virgin to connect us up with TV and broadband (digging up the road is required) and my liver can’t handle getting drunk while playing rummikub for another 3 weeks. Anyone have any ideas on ways to get TV and internet without using Virgin. It’s a residential street in London so I assume most options should be available. 3g coverage is pretty patchy though.

A short term solution for TV would be good as I’ve been very happy with Virgin for the past few years but I’m all ears to entirely new and exciting ways of getting both of them.

somouk
    Free Member

Do a 4G coverage checker on EE, 4G propagates better than 3G so it may cover the flat spots.

woody2000

Any unsecured WiFi networks nearby? 😉

StirlingCrispin
    huws
    Free Member

Thanks all. Probably should have mentioned that my laptop is busted so I’m stuck with an old iPhone 4 (3g only) and an iPad 2 (currently without a sim). No free Wi-Fi either, except in the pub but that’s out of range, but it is full of delicious liver destroying beer.

I’ve just realised my TV should have freeview inside it so I’ll try and get a temporary indoor aerial and prey that that works.

spooky_b329

Any reason you are not considering BT BB and BT Vision (freeview)?

huws
    Free Member

none other than not having the slightest clue what’s on the market.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Does the flat not have a TV aerial plug?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘other ways to get tv and internet’ is closed to new replies.