Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • ot witch evil broadband supplier talk talk or bt
  • foxman
    Free Member

currently with 02 access package (too expensive over £20 just for internet & slow 4mb at best have trouble with iplayer / 4od)

talk talk claim 8mb (have used them as tiscali before but detest the indian customer services )

bt claim 6mb (not sure where there customer service are based )

who should i avoid ?

cheers

bruneep

What does this say about your speeds. http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

Harry_the_Spider

The BT package and Home Hub have been very stable for us, but BT’s customer service was absolutely shocking and it took them 5 weeks to sort out the connection because they lost our order in their system.

leonardsmalls
    Free Member

Worst customer service I ever had, this side of British Gas, was Talk Talk.
    They’re absolutely fine, so long as you don’t need to contact them. BT have given me significantly less grief. And we’re lucky to get 1.5MB here, though on the plus side we’re only a couple of miles from Hopton woods…

pedalhead
    Free Member

having used both, I’d go with neither. But if you must, then for me at least, BT were way better than the total nightmare that is Talk Talk.

jam-bo

It’s the same line, you’ll get the same theoretical max speed regardless.

Contention and throttling is the issue. Which is why I pay zen £25 a month and never have any issues.

donsimon
    Free Member

(have used them as tiscali before but detest the indian customer services )

I find that a bit strange, the dealings I’ve had with Talk Talk customer services have been nothing but pleasant and trouble free. Perhaps a change in your prejudicial attitude might bring better results, no?

Harry_the_Spider

The BT call centre was UK. They were still rubbish.

“Sir, there is no record of your order on our system.”

“Then how come you have already sent me the Home Hub?”

“Sir, there is no record of your order on our system.”

Repeat for 5 weeks.

tyke
    Free Member

I’m not sure if O2 throttle the speed of their broadband customers – quite a few suppliers do. The optimal speed you get is likely to be similar with most other suppliers as the main influencing factor is how far you are from your local BT exchange.

I’m with PlusNet, although owned by BT they have their own UK call centres. Have been good for support on the 2 occasions I needed to call them..

monkeychild
    Free Member

Plusnet here. I’ve just left idnet and my speed has shot up. I am on their 60GB off peak package for 11.49 and can’t complain.

Sandwich

Anything but Talk Talk

bigblackshed

Avoid Talk Talk at all costs.

Their “customer services” is a joke. I had a problem with the line for a month before they (actually a BT Engineer) came out to fix it. Apparently it was “my” line that was at fault. The one from the box that runs up the pole across the street over to my house!!!!!

chriswilk
    Free Member

post office have some decent deals on at the moment, use BT line and Welsh call centre was very helpful for me.

kevt

I tried to get a line through talk talk and gave up as they were useless. then I tried orange who were also useless, I gave up on them after they left me on hold for 40 minutes. I eventually tried BT who were great.

Kev

CountZero

I must say that on the very few occasions I’ve had to call BT customer care they’ve been very helpful, despite being an Indian call-centre; possibly because I use a Mac, and they have a separate section populated by geeks for the Mac issues, and they were brilliant.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘ot witch evil broadband supplier talk talk or bt’ is closed to new replies.