Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • OT: VW T5 ABS pump replacement.
  • cyclebiker

Hi, I wonder if the masses can offer me some advice on a T5 van. Yesterday I went to look at a T5, the advert mentioned a problem with the speedo and fuel gauge. After looking at it and doing some research I have found out that the ABS pump controller is not talking to the ECU. The Van drives perfectly, the mileage and price are spot on but I am concerned the ABS issue could be a bottomless pit of problems.

From the look (what I can gather from talking to the the seller) he bought the van with the hopes of changing the ABS pump and fixing the issue. I think he has done this, it has not solved the fault so he is selling it faulty. The ABS pump has writing on it as if it has come from a breakers, so it is not the original one from the van.

My question is, has anyone had any experience with changing a ABS pump and/or controller and coding it to the ECU? I have access to VAGCOM but from google searches it seems that this may not be enough.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks, Mark,

sl2000

I had the abs pump fail on my last car – a Peugeot. After replacing sensors in case it was just a dodgy warning I bought a replacement from a German breakers via ebay. Garage fitted but couldn’t get it to clear the warning light. Garage claimed it was broken, and amazingly breakers refunded in full including postage. Got original one reconditioned but abs light started coming back again 2 months later so traded in car at car supermarket. Cost me £500 in garage bills. Next time I would get rid of the car immediately a light came on requiring a replacement sensor.

nickname
    Free Member

Have a look at http://www.bba-reman.com – they might be able to help.

cyclebiker

Thanks, sl2000; these are exactly my worries. Perhaps I should not be getting myself into problems before evening owning it??? Nickname; I’ll give the guys at BBA a buzz and see what they think.

stuarty
    Free Member

If I rember you can only code a new abs unit to the engine ecu…as it’s blank when new and accepts the code the ecu gives it.so you can’t recode an old one….good news you can recode the engine ecu with the 2nd hand ecu number bit tricker but saves 700 quid on an new
    ecu…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘OT: VW T5 ABS pump replacement.’ is closed to new replies.