Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • OT: Track / Fixie wheels – any suggestions where i can get a cheap pair?
  • teddy
    Free Member

Hi,
    I am looking for a cheap (< £60) pair of fixie 700c track wheels with 120mm rear hub spacing…
    flip flop hub ideally…
    ive seen a few on the bay for circa 70 quid plus post. just wondered if anyone has picked any up cheaper..

cheers
    Ed

TooTall
    Free Member

FleaBay is the cheapest – unless you have access to components at less-than-trade prices. The Planet X hubs discounted to £15 are the cheapest out there, then add spokes, rims and build costs and you will be more than what you’ve seen.

crazy-legs

If you’re anywhere near Manchester or Newport velodromes there’s a For Sale board in there, people always selling bikes/frames/wheels etc.

You’ve just missed a Cycle Jumble at Manchester Velodrome, not sure when the next one is – it’s about every 6 months or so.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

£90, so 50% more, but about the cheapest I’ve seen

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/WPWEIDP18/weinmann-dp18-fixed-free-road-wheelset

Coleman
    Free Member
    finbar
    Free Member

I’ve got an On-One track 120mm double fixed hub handbuilt (by a good wheelbuilder) to a Mavic Open Sport with DT Swiss double butted black spokes. It’s mint – done about 20 dry miles and never seen a brake.
    I was going to advertise it for £50 if you’re interested? You could probably get a cheap front wheel to bring it in not too much over budget.

nellyp
    Free Member

I think you’ll be struggling to find a decent pair for sixty quid,

Try

http://www.v-sprint.com/

you get a choice of colours for both hubs and rims, and also you can opt for radial fronts too.

Recommended.

teddy
    Free Member

thanks guys, the v sprint wheels look sweet, but the ebay cheapies are the way to go for my winter project….
    hopefully pic to follow!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘OT: Track / Fixie wheels – any suggestions where i can get a cheap pair?’ is closed to new replies.