Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • OT – TiVo good or bad
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

We’re thinking of TiVo from Virgin Media for more channels, recording, faster broadband (fibre optics), and evenings and weekend phone calls.

Got a quote for the XL package of £55.90 a month today.

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about it?

Can they be pushed for a better deal?

Ta

jota180
    Free Member

I’ll tell you wednesday

we’ve had VM for a few years now and it’s been faultless we’re just updating the box
    if you want it for Christmas, check on lead times – we’ve waited 3 weeks

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Got 30meg BB, Tivo 500gb and phone with free weekend calls to other virgin lines for 42 a month.

Just had a big Tivo update and it has ironed out a few of the niggles and sped up the interface.

Never had anything but Telewest/Blueyonder/Virgin. Never wanted to switch.

prettygreenparrot

I have the 1TB TiVo. Good. Very good. Although it has taken an age for TiVo to reach the UK.

If you’re a new customer, try & push a bit harder on that deal. Does it include the £4/month 10Mbps line for the TiVo and your telephone and at least 10Mbps broadband? Always ask for more, the worst that happens is they say no.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thanks

mrchrispy

TiVo came to the UK several years ago didnt it?
    Just didnt take off.

500Gb TiVo here – much much better than the POS that was the HD+ Box
    still waiting for ours to get the update

JohnClimber
    Free Member

What internet speeds do you get from Virgin via their fibre optic cable Please?

Leku
    Free Member

Getting 44.08Mbps at the mo

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

had my Tivo for about a week now, really like it.

have been with Virgin for a long time though, since they were telewest.

couldn’t really fault them to be honest, and the broadband is superfast & reliable.

mrchrispy

pay for 30mb and get 30mb

simon_g

I had one of the old TiVos which I loved to bits – been getting very tempted by their offer of a new one for existing customers at £3/month and £50 install.

Generally been very happy with Virgin – the broadband is great, pay for 30Mb down, 3Mb up and get exactly that. Have had the occasional outage (maybe 1-2 times a year for an hour or so in the last 3 years) but no worse than ADSL.

Tonolina
    Free Member

We got the Tivo box two weeks ago. Not much difference between it and the old V+ box apart from being able to record three channels instead of two.

One bonus is that eight clicks of a button means that you need never watch an advert again. The money I will save. I shall put it towards some magic beans. Or a Ti Dialled Bikes frame.

9.13 Mb/s on L package.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Nothing bad, looks like they’ve got another customer

snakebite
    Free Member

swapped from sky last month. two Tivo’s quite impressed, BB is excellent and appears to be what it says on the tin, XL tv package with HD upstairs and down, full sports package, free eve and w/e phonecalls, the you tube function is good as well, cant fault it really.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘OT – TiVo good or bad’ is closed to new replies.