Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • OT: The Hospital on C4
  • mrgibbons
    Free Member

thoughts?

MrNutt
    Free Member

the missis made me watch it, narrated from a wholly middle class point of view, I’m all for optional DNR tattoos. I’d probably have one.

m0nster2
    Free Member

That is my local hospital. It has served me and mine very well.
    (Generally) The staff are absolutely exemplarary.

The ‘patients’ shown represented a shameful state of affairs… but nothing not already documented to death.

I think the blonde lady employee spoke eloquently and with great passion and sense – though she has clearly become exasperated.

On one hand, made me quite depressed.
    On the other, I’m reminded of just how selfless people can be.

Nico
    Free Member

Whose idea was it to ditch licensing laws so we could all act like continentals, drinking responsibly? Ha ha ha. Brilliant idea.

The 10 pint drink driver thought he was quite the lad too.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

even as a student (and therefore supposedly a big drinker) i found it shocking how little a lot of people seemed to care that what they have consumed causes so much damage, physically and socially and economically.
    if i ended up going to hospital thanks to alcohol consumption i’d be mortified that something i had inflicted upon myself had caused so much damage, where other people (and the tax payer) had to sort me out. think its pretty selfish personally.

and yes, i know there is an argument about us lot mtbing and falling off etc, but imo the health benefits of doing sports like this far outweigh the costs.

skidartist
    Free Member

there is an argument about us lot mtbing and falling off etc, but imo the health benefits of doing sports like this far outweigh the costs.

Not if you factor WCA into the equation 🙂

It was in interesting programme but the blond doctor started to grate on me a bit. She obviously needed an opportunity to blow off some steam, but, you know, enough! I’m not comfortable with the idea of doctors feeling that one persons circumstances are more deserving than anothers, and if those are your feelings its going to creep through into the care you give whether you want them to or not. I can understand how it can be frustrating, but accidents are accidents no matter what the circumstances. If the common causes of accidents have changed over the years then so be it.

It would help if the greater public could be a better patient and it would help if we didn’t read pretty much everyday that the NHS is failing and incompetent (even if thats in clear contravention of the the facts – theres never, ever, been a better time to be ill), but the idea that things aren’t what they used to be is nonsense, not one of those stories would have been atypical 30 years ago.

GJP
    Free Member

I have to admit from my safe middle class sofa I was pretty appalled at the behaviour of some of the patients and the “foolishness” for want of a better word for some of our young people.

However, it has just dawned on me that on two occassions over 20 years ago I twice had to use the services of the local A&E hospitals to stitch me back together after stupid accidents following too much alcohol (one perhaps entirely avoidable one perhaps not).

What I do remember is being well treated by respectful professionals – although I was neither a violent or abusive patient I was simply very grateful that there were caring people to take care of me despite my own stupidity.

Not entirely sure of the point of this post – other than some form of sobering cathartic exercise – but excessive alcohol abuse is not limited to a specific section of society nor is it a recent problem

coffeeking
    Free Member

I too have been seen by A&E after a drink related injury. However I was courteous, apologetic, realised I was in the wrong and it was stupid of me to have put myself in that situation. I learned from it and have never put myself in that situation again since. While I’m glad I was treated well (and in fact pleasantly nicknamed conker-boy by the medical team, tree-climbing races while drunk are not smart, regardless of how fun they are) I could understand wholely if they decided to rush the treatment on myself in order to sort out an equally injured person who had come of their injury without a self-induced stupor.

The attitude of most of them is horrific. If I had been like that I’d be forced, by conscience alone, to return the next day and apologise for my actions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘OT: The Hospital on C4’ is closed to new replies.