Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • OT-tech help for a school wanting to use Expression Encoder.
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

OK, so my school has a radio station (from PSquared as it happens) and it is a lovely thing to play with but we want to broadcast initially across the school LAN and then maybe a hosted station later.
    I have been playing with Expression Encoder as a way of letting a few classes listen to the station live, but I cannot for the life of me connect to it from another PC. It all seems good on the PC that is part of the radio station but despite the connection URL’s being stated a the bottom of the Expression Encoder window, and substituting the actual IP address I cannot get any joy at all.
    Am trying to open the stream with browsers and with Windows Media Player (as that seems to be what it should work with) but nothing doing.

Any suggestions, or questions that might help me get any further?
    First live show should be on Friday morning so would be good to get moving soon…

sharkbait
    Free Member

Have you confirmed that other computers can access the [Expression Encoder] host PC that is doing the streaming as there may be a firewall issue.
    So on a remote PC try pinging the host/streaming pc, you should also check that the streaming PC has open whichever port EE uses for streaming.

If they can ping the host PC then I would check that you can access the stream [using a browser/WMP] from the host PC itself just to make sure that it is actually sending out a stream.

If remote PCs can access the host and the host PC is defo streaming data then I wouldn’t have a clue without coming over and hitting it with a hammer.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Thanks sharkbait, as it happens I got it sorted by adding it to our network (I had assumed, as you had that it was actually already on the network, it was physically, but not for networking purposes). Still, you live and learn, I will make sure of the real basics in future, and you will not assume the person you are advising has done anything right in the first place 🙂
    Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘OT-tech help for a school wanting to use Expression Encoder.’ is closed to new replies.