Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • OT – stuff to do around Taunton
  • dawson

got a long weekend near Taunton over the BH, any suggestions for non-biking stuff to do?

2 girls 6 & 7

I've seen the steam railway thing – interested in some other ideas

trailmonkey

Wildlife Park at Cricket St Thomas, 30-40 mins drive.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Wookey Holes caves and circusy thingybob – 45mins

dawson

ta folks

//wanders off to google

dawson

may give the Wildlife place a miss….

Advantages: Miniature train ride for kiddies

Disadvantages: A wildlife park from which most of the animals have gone

This is no longer truly a wildlife park and it has, in fact been devastated over the past winter and spring. While prices are reduced the relative value is much reduced. Most large animals are gone, the few flamingos left are confined within a small fenced off area, Lemur Wood remains and the train track has been improved but a ride on the train is soul destroying to anyone who knew it in 2009. On August 1st 2010 there were no more than a dozen or so cars in the Car Park which used to be packed. Dogs are now welcome at £1 each but they are better off outside the park. The Black Swan pub and the snack bars are gone only to be reduced by a far more expensive Italian Restaurant. The new look park gets one star from me for the train and Lemur Wood. My best advice is to avoid the place at all costs.

Summary: Join me in voting with your feet and not going

jam-bo

Go to kilve and look for fossils.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Go to visitsomerset.co.UK and do a Taunton search. Loads to do!

sharki
    Free Member

Second Kilve for a days picnicking, fossil hunt and rock pooling.

Forecast looks ok. There's still walks on the quantocks, make it into a nature walk and spot for deer, birds bugs,fungus, build dams, shelters, hide and seek, etc….

Just beware of the ticks…

Perhaps even pick some worts.

Taunton has little to offer, perhaps a boat ride, play in vivary park, crazy golf there too..

Look up Tropiquaria, could be an experience for them.

But for free, you can't beat the outdoors where you can interact with the kids and get to play a little yourselves..rather than throw money at something and expect that to provide the fun…Which you can do at the http://www.thefunfarm.org/

bi6al
    Free Member

drink cider ?

knottie8
    Free Member

sunday ? watchet music fest.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘OT – stuff to do around Taunton’ is closed to new replies.