Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • OT, so all you car buffs
  • Rscott
    Free Member

So i have today had the fortune of a job roll chanage,i get paid the same i do the same job but i will be doing it just from my local area,9 miles away.

I have a big com-fee astra diesel at the moment, which is fantastic for when i was working almost 50 miles away. but as a run around and for short journies when i’m not man enough for the bike, its a little big and thirsty in stop and start traffic . So looking at a petrol car again. I want something fun, with a bit of power but nothing silly.

The only thing I really wan to stay away from is VAG cars love there diesels but have been far from impressed with there petrol engines, (used through work.)

Was Looking at the likes of the new shape Impreza (non turbo),Focus Zetcs mazda 3’s.is there any others i should look out for out of the the above the impreza was by far the nicest and most fun to drive but the most basic with accessories. Which i’m not all that bothered about.

adam1330
    Free Member

How practical does it need to be, and what’s your budget?

Clio 182/192 Cup, or far less practical, a Vauxhall VX220 N/A?

TheFlyingOx

I’d avoid the Mazda purely on the cost of spare parts. Not the cheapest to repair.

How about:
    Seat Leon Cupra R
    Renaultsport Megane
    Honda Accord Type R
    Astra VXR

Or a bit leftfield:
    Older Merc (500SEC anyone?)
    BMW M3
    Alfa Giulietta

br
    Free Member

More leftfield:

Jag X-Type 2.5/3.0 – cheap as chips, lots of toys and AWD

Edit

Ah, just read:

I have a big com-fee astra diesel at the moment, which is fantastic for when i was working almost 50 miles away. but as a run around and for short journies when i’m not man enough for the bike, its a little big and thirsty in stop and start traffic

If you think an Astra is ‘big’, you need to get out more…

sandal100

Renaultsport Clio! 172/182/197/200

Doesn’t matter which as they’re all fun. 172/182 is slightly quicker in a straight line but the 197/200’s handle better so are faster overall.

legend
    Free Member

sandal100 – Member
    Renaultsport Clio! 172/182/197/200

Doesn’t matter which as they’re all fun. 172/182 is slightly quicker in a straight line but the 197/200’s handle better so are faster overall.

pfft, 197s and 200s are too fat. Everyone knows that 182s are where it’s at 😉

IMAG0437 by mark_p2511, on Flickr

(really must get a half-decent photo)

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i had an accord Type R and whilst they are shit hot and quick of the mark you have to dig deep to get the power, by that time a decent diesel is off and you have to rev it’s nuts off and do mental speeds to catch up. Plus they run 98RON petrol only, you can retard the ignition but lose 25of the 212bhp. They do however sound fantastic beyond 5700rpm all the way up to 9000 rpm and are bullet proof.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘OT, so all you car buffs’ is closed to new replies.