Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • OT: SKY aerial distribution problems
  • RicB

We have a SKY 1TB HD box and want to be able to distribute the signal to other rooms via aerial cable

The signal from the roof aerial comes down to the sky box, then gets sent via RF2 to a loft box, where it gets distributed to other rooms, including the freeview hd TV in the kitchen

This works fine, except that when I turn on the sky box I lose freeview HD channels on the kitchen tv. The non-HD channels work fine

If the sky box is off I get full freeview HD on the kitchen tv

I’ve tried loads of different channels for RF2 on the sky box but it doesn’t make any difference

Help?!

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

How are you combining the RF2 feed and the standard free view feed? Are you using a powered mixer, if you are using a passive splitter/mixer then you will have an imbalance and the signal will be attenuated

jota180
    Free Member

What transmitter do you get your terrestrial feed from?
    What RF2 output channels have you tried?

RicB

Thanks chaps 🙂

Have tried channel 20 up to 68 in steps of 5 (eg 20,25,30 etc)

Transmitter is leeds

notbob- I’m not combining physically. I output RF2 to the distro amp in the loft, which feeds the kitchen TV. I then switch the kitchen tv to analogue if I want to watch sky, otherwise the TV is set to digital so I can watch the freeview HD channels

RicB

Ok looking into a bit further I think the transmitter will be Emley Moor

ton

give me a bell in the morning on 01132633500
    i will sort you out then.

jota180
    Free Member

Presuming Emley Moor, the channel numbers that are un-shaded *should* be safe to use.
    Nothing is ever guaranteed though

ton

Ricb, you need to retune the rf2 on the sky box to channel 21.
    you will then need to retune the other tellys to suit.

freddyg
    Free Member

This is interesting as I have a similar problem with a very similar set up. My nearest transmitter is Waltham – how do I find out which channel I should tune my RF2 to?

jota180
    Free Member

I’m only on a phone so not easy to do you a table as above

But, Whalthan transmitter puts out mixes on 29,37,49,54,56,57,58

Avoid putting the Sky RF2 on the same channel or any channel 1,5 or 9 channels off it

Eg ch37 would eliminate channels 37,36,32,28,38,42 & 46 from being candidates for the RF2 output
    Do that with all six muxes and whatever you have left are possible good channels to use

RicB

Hi guys, thanks for the help 🙂

Ton- thanks for the phone number. Busy day at work and I completely forgot to phone you. I’ll try the channel 21 thing

freddyg
    Free Member

Thanks Jota, much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘OT: SKY aerial distribution problems’ is closed to new replies.