Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ot sim card registration failed !
  • voodoo_chile

got mobile off a mate put my sim card in and it said “sim card registration failed “any idea ? tried different sim cards from other networks ..same thing ,looking elsewhere seems to point to handset locked ,…any mobile company workers help me out here

thanks in advance VC

voodoo_chile

anyone ?

DezB
    Free Member

My brother’s area this, so I could be talking rubbish, but search for the phone model and “unlock” on EBay. Should find something on there.

voodoo_chile

dezb , i think the handset is locked to all networks

voodoo_chile

all networks sims tried

bruneep

From VF

SIM card registration failed means that the SIM card in your phone is either not activated on our network or has a lost or stolen bar in place on it.

Mate given you a stolen handset?

joemarshall
    Free Member

Slightly rude question, but is the mobile nicked, or has it ever been reported as stolen (ie.did your mate lose it then find it again or something?) When you say ‘off a mate’, is it someone you know well and trust, or someone off ebay or something?

Just that this is exactly what a phone that is blocked by a network due to being reported stolen looks like – sim card registration failed with any network sims.

One quick thing worth checking is in the menus somewhere to find ‘operator selection’ or ‘network selection’, and make sure that is set to automatic not manual.

Assuming that isn’t the case, the first thing I’d do is try your mate’s sim card who you got the phone off just to check it actually works at all. If that works, then it is probably just a network lock, depending on the phone, you may be able to unlock it for free, or it is a local phone shop job. If that doesn’t work, it’s hard to know what it could be other than a network block or a broken phone.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Oh, if it is network blocked, you can’t remove it except by doing quite illegal things which are possible for networks to detect and could get you into trouble (changing the handset imei number).

Cougar

If it’s legit, your mate needs to ring the mobile provider it started on to get them to unlock it.

If it’s not legit, you’re on the wrong forum.

scunny
    Free Member

The phones nicked, you naughty boy.

voodoo_chile

turns out ,mate not paid the bill on the mobile and network blocked the handset..bollox

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ot sim card registration failed !’ is closed to new replies.