Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • OT – Recommend me a baby carrier
  • carbon337
    Free Member

That is suitable for a newborn. What have you used or are using.

I see some aren’t suitable for newborns so may need to wait a few months before using one. But ideally I would like a one that will work from now till about a year or so.

bruk

We have one of those Baby Bjorn things and at 5 mths he is now forward facing in it, really good and pretty comfy though it is like strapping a hot water bottle to your front in warm weather.

Soon going to swap to a MacPac Possum cause as he gets heavier he is awkward on the front.

Not sure you get 1 that will do from birth to 1 year as he change in size and mobility is huge.

carbon337
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve noticed that – think a baby bjorn active looks the business but at 6lbs she needs to wait a bit before we can use one, they say 8lbs to start.

joemarshall
    Free Member

We’ve got a Moby wrap, which was great from birth, and a connecta one which is great now (8 months) and has been since about 3 months when she got too wriggly for the Moby (most babies last longer in the Moby, ours is just very wriggly). They are relatively cheap too compared to some

Personally I think the ones that hold them really close like the Moby are nicest when they are teeny weeny, I wouldn’t have wanted a baby bjorn then.

millcar
    Free Member

We used a baby bjorn and it was great we also had a macpac baby carrier (similar to BB not rucsac)which was superb.

I have to say tho i would now go for the Moby as a teeny then one or other of the above.

molgrips
    Free Member

Close carrier wins hands down out of the ones I tried. Instead of straps to dig in it has wide fabric that covers your back. Also keeps the baby warm from your body, and you can zip it in a coat when the baby’s tiny.

http://www.closeparent.com/

uluru
    Free Member

An ergo with newborn insert would work for the age range you want. V. Comfy too

jeffl

Baby Bjorn here. Good from birth to around 9 months, although our kids are fat.

carbon337
    Free Member

Uluru – what’s an ergo?

uluru
    Free Member

Pogo
    Free Member

Baby Bjorn here too, then he moved to a Littlelife Cross Country, which is quite big but we do a lot of walking.

toons
    Free Member

Carl I’ve got all this shite! I’ll see if we got it or lent it out.

Getting used to the sleep deprivation yet?

boblo
    Free Member

Any one that’s soundproof and fits into an airline seat 🙂

monsta
    Free Member

Your wife?

igmc.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘OT – Recommend me a baby carrier’ is closed to new replies.