Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • OT: Is there a Drummertrackworld?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Hi all,

My youngest son has been going to drum lessons for a while now and I’d like to get him an electronic drumkit. Is there a good online forum anyone can reccomend?

Been looking at the Yamaha dtx series which have a great reputation. I can’t afford a new kit so looking to buy 2nd hand. I thought a decent forum is probably the best place to start.

Cheers

d-_-b

nealglover
    Free Member

If there is a “drummertrackworld” and it’s a website for drummers.

Does that mean that this is a website for singles ?

tinribz
    Free Member

Got mine an Alesis DM6 off ebay. They are really good for the the price.

mssansserif
    Free Member

If you can stretch to it try and get a Roland kit with full mesh heads. Much better and quieter than rubber pads.

I’ve got a TD-9 it’s a good compromise between price and quality/realism

It’s a lot of money to drop in a kit so make sure he enjoys it. They tend to hold their money though so selling it after a while you shouldn’t loose much

john_drummer
    Free Member
    bigblackshed

Search for Craig Bundell and Roland V Drums.

Linky

He’s the drummer in a band called Frost* as well as the busiest session drummer in the country. Thoroughly nice chap too.

To start with the Roland TD3 will be enough and you can upgrade as you go.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

thanks guys.

He’s young and has been going to lessons for over a year now. Stsarting on a budget kit and working our way up if he sticks at it, which looks likely.

It’s been brilliant for him, he absolutely loves it. A TD9 is way out of my price range just now I’m afraid – I have 2 other kids to provide for as well haha!

Cheers

john_drummer
    Free Member

I had an Alesis DM6 Pro kit for a short while. Sound was good – although you do need an amp or a feed into a PA to get the best of it. But I really didn’t like the feel of it. I believe there’s a newer model in their range now, the DM10, although I have no idea if the pads are any nicer to play.

from Alesis’ own web page:

The DM10 X Kit also features Alesis’ acoustic-feeling RealHead pads in 10 and 12-inch sizes. The dual-zone pads feature real mylar drumheads and real triple-flanged counterhoops for the feel you demand. The snare and tom pads are dual zone, enabling you to perform rimshots, rim clicks or assign other sounds such as cymbals, gongs and cowbells on the tom rims. You can use virtually any single or double kick pedal with the RealHead Kick Pad, or split the DM10’s kick input with a Y-cable and connect an optional second kick pad for the pedal feel you prefer.

one thing to bear in mind with the DM6, most of the playing will be nearly silent, the bass drum pad will not, as the impact of the beater on the pad will be transferred directly into the floor. Don’t use if you have people below you…

not mine, but one on ebay here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alesis-DM10-electronic-drum-kit-/271416344946?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Drums_Percussions_MJ&hash=item3f31acc172

john_drummer
    Free Member

. A TD9 is way out of my price range just now I’m afraid – I have 2 other kids to provide for as well haha!

just wait until he wants a decent acoustic kit – and decent cymbals!

I’ve just changed all my cymbals and I could’ve got a decent f/s bike for what I’ve spent on the new stuff.

All Istanbul Mehmet, hand made in Turkey:
    10in Radiant Splash
    14in Onurhan hi-hats
    15in Radiant medium crash
    16in Radiant medium crash
    16in XPerience X-Cast flake (thin) crash
    16in Radiant China
    20in Xperience X-Metal heavy ride

ok I got more than half of that back on the Sabian, Zildjian & Paiste cymbals that I replaced, but still… not a cheap instrument, or an easy one to move around, as last night’s gig reminded me 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘OT: Is there a Drummertrackworld?’ is closed to new replies.