Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • OT: Installing Quark V9 on another machine
  • grueller
    Free Member

I know there’s a few design types on here so thought I’d ask. I have a legit version of quark V9 (MAC) upgraded so I don’t have any installation discs. Is there any way to put it on my Mac laptop as well? i’ve copied the entire folder onto it and gone through the verification process but it just keeps repeating this. If i cancel and go into Quark I get all the menus and windows just can’t do anything. Cheers

the-muffin-man

It’s very rare on the newer Mac OSs that you can just copy an app folder like you could in the olden days. Programmes need to be installed properly.

Have you got the original install discs (of the non upgraded version)? If so could you use those and then use software update to bring it up to date?

Or try contacting Quark* to see if you can download the upgraded install files again. (And if you do this copy the install files to a DVD or hard drive for future use).

*I can’t see this taking too long as you may be their sole surviving customer! 😉

grueller
    Free Member

It was a version updated from and original V3 on a floppy disc! Each new version was then just an update version, so no discs to go back to. Unfortunately Quark customer service isn’t too hot

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘OT: Installing Quark V9 on another machine’ is closed to new replies.