Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • OT – how do I get a pic to appear at the top of sent emails (windows mail)
  • user-removed
    Free Member

As title really – I'm trying to get an email header image attatched to all outgoing emails. I've tried in the past and dismally failed…..

Any tips gratefully tried.

user-removed
    Free Member

I know it's a dull as sh1t question, but can no-one help? Pretty please?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

What is "Windows Mail"? I know of 3 programs, Outlook, Outlook Express & Windows Live Mail. There may be others.

GrahamS

Windows Mail is the built-in mail client in Vista (and 7 I think).

OP sorry don't know.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Windows Mail is the built-in mail client in Vista (and 7 I think).

I have 7 but it didn't seem to come with built in mail, though I think it offered me a download of Windows Live Mail, which I use sometimes. In that you click the dropdown next to "New" and select "Photo Email"

user-removed
    Free Member

Yup, sorry, running Vista. I guess it's Outlook Express (same layout as OE on XP) but just calls itself 'Windows Mail'.

Just to clarify; you know when you get an email from, say, CRC, it has a banner at the top of the email with their logo and so on? Well, that's what I'm trying to achieve….. I know it's easily done but Google's giving me zilch 🙁

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

They store the image on a server on the web, the email is written in HTML and they put a reference (link) to the image in the email body itself, basically as an embedded image. I think.
    You could do it using a custom email template but I don't know if the free email client you've got with Windows does that (full outlook does, i think)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

They store the image on a server on the web, the email is written in HTML and they put a reference (link) to the image

IMO, this is the wrong way to do it, as anyone with any sense will have email weblinks blocked to prevent hostile content. Better to include the image file in the email itself.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have 7 but it didn't seem to come with built in mail,

I just installed W7 on a laptop for me mum and was wondering about that. Ended up putting Thunderbird on. Seems weird to ship an OS with no native email client.

GrahamS

I believe they removed things like mail clients, movie maker etc after people complained Vista was too bloated.

IMO, this is the wrong way to do it, as anyone with any sense will have email weblinks blocked to prevent hostile content. Better to include the image file in the email itself.

Agreed even my webmail blocks external images automatically

user-removed
    Free Member

Same here on my Vista laptop – a yellow bar at the top tells me that "Pictures have been blocked to stop your computer being identified. Click here to download the images" or somesuch.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Indeed using a server does often get blocked, but it's how many I receive turn up and it only takes a quick click to "show pictures".
    An embedded image is fine if he can sort out a template for HTML emails.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘OT – how do I get a pic to appear at the top of sent emails (windows mail)’ is closed to new replies.