Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • OT: Getting paid from australia for work done?
  • grueller
    Free Member

I’ve just completed a print project for a company in Oz. Has anyone had experience of getting paid for work for overseas companies. Their bank want to charge them $80, mine will charge £10 for a cheque. Would Paypal be a better option. I know they charge but not sure how it works for this sort of thing. Cheers

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve always stated they payment should be in sterling and let the client sort it out. I’m happy to offer options such as paypal as long as I get the agreed amount at the end after any fees. Best to agree these things at the start, though. They should already be ahead with the strong Aussie dollar 🙂

Marmoset
    Free Member

Have a look at moneycorp, if you open an account with them I’m sure that the company that wants to pay you can deposit the money into your moneycorp account and then you transfer it for far less than $80.

grueller
    Free Member

nickjb
    It was a favour to start with so didn’t look into it upfront. I’d already undercut their previous quote from someone in Sydney. I’ll be smarter next time. It’s not a big job so not too bad this time

cmjdavies
    Free Member

I send them a Paypal invoice. Saves loads of hassle. They can pay however they like then

konabunny
    Free Member

They should already be ahead with the strong Aussie dollar

AUD just lost a chunk of value.

grueller
    Free Member

Looking at Paypal it’s 3.4%+20p then 1.5% for currency conversion. Looks like a cheque may be cheaper!

annebr
    Free Member

the cheque fee will be in addition to poor exchange rates.

Cant they send the money electronically? Western Union?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘OT: Getting paid from australia for work done?’ is closed to new replies.