Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • OT: Football Question Beckham and a scarf
  • KonaTC

Not a follower of football can anyone explain the significance of Beckham wearing a green and gold/yellow scarf at the football match yesterday

thanks

tails
    Free Member

Essentially he was showing his support to the united supporters who would like to see the end of the Glazer family ownership of the club. The green and gold where the original club colours I believe, but you are talking almost 100 years back I guess.

scaredypants

It's the old (maybe original?) ManU colours, thrown in by a ManU fan

Think he was just "feeling the love" or something, but the radio today says it's a big *MASSIVE snub to LA Galaxy/Milan/all that's sacred

(edit) – oh, didn't know about the colours being anti-owner 😳

*MASSIVE HUUUUGE SNUB/DEATH-THREAT TO GLAZER

yoshimi

They're the old Newton Heath colours, he wore the scarf to show support for the fans that want to see the end of the Glazers ownership of the club

oldgit
    Free Member

And Beckham is still a Man U fan.

KonaTC

Cheers guys for the insight in the world of football

Personally I am looking forward to the 6 nation’s rugby on the weekend.

tails
    Free Member

Who's playing rugby at the weekend I watched when England lost to Ireland it was exciting enough, although I do prefer watching Arsenal and United dish out thumpings in Europe. Are there any international rugby7s I like that when I have seen it?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is an entire international sevens circuit. Dunno what TV its on tho
    http://www.irb.com/irbsevens/news/newsid=2032654.html

votchy
    Free Member

Did like the humour of the united fans last night, Beckham comes on as sub and gets a standing ovation from the entire crowd with chants of 'Only one David Beckham' etc then he gets booed the first time he gets the ball, brilliant 😀

DA_DOOD–lulz
    Free Member

Beckham wore that scarf to remind everyone that it's the players job to suck millions out of the club not the Glazers'.

MrGreedy

He's thinking of joining the pride of East Anglia so he can win a trophy this season 😉

DA_DOOD–lulz
    Free Member

That does look like your archetypal Man Utd fan. Is she from Taunton ?

Haze

Are you Norwich in disguise?

Blackhound

Saw that last night but surprised ITV did not mention it.

I did wonder if Becks has been approached by the Red Knights for a £20m contribution to buying out the Glazers. Wuld have thought he could afford it…..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘OT: Football Question Beckham and a scarf’ is closed to new replies.