Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • OT – Domestic electrical contractor, Edinburgh
  • sas78

Hi,
    We’re about to push on with an extension to the family madhouse this summer in Corstorphine, Edinburgh .

I’m looking for a recommendation for a small Electrical Contractor who’d be keen on:

1. Replacing an ancient Dist Board.
    2. Wiring power/lights into my new workshop (mancave…)
    3. The complete first and second fix wiring of my new two storey extension in the summer.

Any recommendations, or is anyone here a Qualified Sparky that would be interested in quoting?

I’m about to go in for Building Warrant and got Planning Approval last year so can provide detailed plans. I’ve got a kitchen design and a double pole switch was installed by Scottish Power last week.

Contact on here or my email address is in my profile.

Cheers
    Scott.

scotroutes

Cross Country in Haddington.

kcal

Can recommend George Watson – Sentry Electrics – if he’s still on the go. Would have to dig out his number. He’s in Corstorphine area anyway, as it happens – here you go — 0131 334 8375.

Used him in my old flat – shower install; rewired when we moved house, fitted out a kitchen, really good guy.. He might have retired by now though – it was 8 years since we’ve been in Edinburgh..!

I’m Callum Sword if he asks where you got the number.

rickmeister

Here is another, Mark Landes. He helped a lot with an extension, basically rewiring an old lower part of a house onto our upper flat. We were reinstating a split house back into one.

Did a rewire, joined to an existing consumer unit and ran an electrical supply to the other part of the building. Also incuded Cat V networking cable, a network hub and sound system in the ceiling of three rooms. All passed and certified.

Concientous and dilligent, on time tec etc.

Mark Landed 07788740909 (or was when we worked with him)..

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Colin shearer from cross country In Haddington from me too.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Cross Country in Haddington.

Colin shearer from cross country In Haddington from me too.

+1 he’s coming to do some more work for me too.

http://www.crosscountryelec.co.uk/

sas78

Brilliant guys, thanks very much.

There’s a few I can get quotes from anyway.

Cheers
    Scott.

iain65
    Free Member

Sentry Electrics have just done a job for me, rewired a 1950’s house that was pretty complicated due to the conduit installed. Have done a good job.

geoffj

Italspark off here

kcal

@Iain65 – excellent – George is a good lad, if a bit less agile than he could be 🙂

Known him since late 80s, through the joiner he usually works with – Ron Crooks. They even re-selected the tiles for our bathroom as they didn’t think they were ‘right’. They were right, too !!

iain65
    Free Member

Kcal – me and my sister took a bit of a risk on him to do my mothers house, he finished a few days ago and has done more than expected in a number of areas and actually gave us some good options ( I live in in England now so had to go on his recommendation). My dad had an electrical contracting business in Edinburgh years ago when he was alive, so you can imagine that the wiring system had ‘grown’ over time, especially as my mum and dad built the house themselves in the early 50’s. Hats off to George for taking it on and doing a good job!

So, if anyone wants to rent a house in Edinburgh with probably some of the most outstanding views over the town, forth bridge and highlands, then let me know! It’s right beside the Braid hills with easy access to the Pentlands and has extensive bike workshop facilities 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘OT – Domestic electrical contractor, Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.