Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • OT – Bathroom question
  • dawson

So… it seems that the seal around the edge of the bath has been leaking for some time, and some portions of the floor boards have gone black under the bath. I would say it felt a little damp, but not sodden.

I have removed the old silicone and put new sealant around the edge of the bath, but is there anything that can be done about the blackened wood?

Ripping out the bath to replace floorboards is not an option… its only been in 4 years.

Pieface

I found a bad leak under my bath that went all the way through to the floor beams and through the plaster in the ceiling below.

If its just the floorboards they should dry out and be ok, however I’m not a builder, just some guy off the internet!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

They should be fine once dried out, I wouldn’t worry

dawson

Thanks – I might leave the side off the bath for a few day to let some air circulate too.

midlifecrashes

If you want to speed it up a bit, either open the window too if you have one, or put a dehumidifier in there. Once dried out everything should be fine, but painting/spraying on an antifungal treatment on the wood you can get at might be an idea.

Bear
    Free Member

leave bath panel off to dry, also maybe worth some Cuprinol 5* to kill any potential nasties

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘OT – Bathroom question’ is closed to new replies.