Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • OT: 2010 F1 Safety Car
  • lobby_dosser
    Free Member

sweet car. the original gull wing would be my money no object dream car. i wouldn't throw the new one out of bed for farting though.

Oh and Moto GP for me.

M6TTF
    Free Member

first year in ages that i'm interested in watching it – should be a good battle. We were shooting schumacher and rosberg down at rockingham last friday for a client. He couldn't get more german if he tried 😉

glenp
    Free Member

German team, British team, Latin team, plus (the difficult to pigeon hole in that way) Red Bull, plus potential for big surprises…

Bring it on!

Sub 3 second pit stops is just so F1.

the-muffin-man

OK – gone for gearedforf1

Password is…

chipps

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I'm on F1 league… or at least I will be when I finish sorting out a team… I am pour & cant afford waht I want 🙁

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Ha ha, the-muffin-man & I are tied for the lead 🙂

enduro-aid
    Free Member

right ive signed up, bloody hard picking teams when you can only spend 100 million

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Where's Bernie? I want to complain, I only had $90million …. or have you gone for a Ferrari?

enduro-aid
    Free Member

Nope went for merc

Team Name: red moo racing
    Team Manager: enduro-aid
    Driver1: Felipe Massa
    Driver2: Nico Hulkenberg
    Car: Mercedes
    Engine: Cosworth

thekingisdead
    Free Member

It sounds like a spitfire

Don't you mean a Messerschmitt?

That would be more like it. MBs normally have that distinctive supercharger whine.

The Merlin engine in the Spitfire is supercharged no?

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

The SLS is a pig from any angle, and the thing I hate most about it is the doors. Or more specifically the fact the car has been designed to invoke history by having them, ignoring the fact that the original had them because it had to – the structure wouldn't allow for normal doors. It's just a cynical marketing exercise to create a USP from everything else. Massive wasted opportunity to create something different for the right reasons after the McLaren split.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Senna had special engines from Honda and Prost's ire was partially due to not getting a fair crack.

Well that's bollox. Prost alleged that, so Honda put all the engines in front of him and let him choose whichever one he wanted. IIRRC Prost had to make an apology for that one.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

indeed thats as it happened boriselbrus. Prost got better fuel economy than Senna which he could have attributed to Senna having a more powerful engine, but this was down to Senna's unique driving style in that he blipped the throttle throughout the corner, balancing the rear of the car.
    Honda had nothing to gain from favouring one driver.
    As is mentioned on the BBC F1 site this week, the "greats" have such inner belief that they will rationalise a faster driver in equal machinery by beleiving they have some unfair advantage. Prost did it, Alonso does it. (IMO) to put it down to "just" sour grapes is to fail to comprehend how these drivers operate in their own minds.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘OT: 2010 F1 Safety Car’ is closed to new replies.