• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nant.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Osprey – brilliant customer service
  • ajantom

Now this is a company who do it right.
    I’d broken the nozzle on one of the bottles from my lumbar pack as it had caught on a branch. Totally my fault and not a warranty issue. However, I couldn’t seem to find any mention of how to buy replacement lids on their site.
    Emailed them and had a prompt reply from a nice bloke called Jacob. Next day a new bottle arrived at my house FoC.
    Cheers Osprey 😀

onandon
    Free Member

On the flip side I thought they were total shite.
    Purchased a messenger bag and the Velcro detached after two days. They refused warranty claim as it was wear and tear…….on a two day old bag.

Bregante

Similar positive experience to the o.p here last year when the seal that sits inside the screw top on my hydration pack perished after several years. Sent them an email and got a new seal and new screw top within 48 hrs.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Tried them for a “leaky nipple” as threads were saying they got them free replacement (US forum though), but just got an email back saying I could buy a nipple pack.

Might test them out on the supposed lifetime warranty on the bag as mine is falling apart. Zips break, helmet strap broke, webbing on side strap is disintegrating, and yeah the nipples split easily. Really is rubbish quality, and yet my old camelback is going strong (it’s just too big so I got an Osprey Viper). Only thing I really like about the Osprey is the magnetic hose thing.

PrinceJohn

Similar story – had a leaky bladder, emailed them to see if I could purchase a new lid for it & had one posted to me free of charge within 48hrs

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They’ve replaced a few clips for me on various backpacks over the years for free – even though I broke said items. All received next day.

shaungero
    Free Member

Great company. Sent me a new clip for my raptor after I stood on it an broke it. Was in my hand the next day free.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Their approach to manufacturing and supply chain responsibility is also excellent. Good company.

kcal

so far have had replacement bite valve and magnet (for a non-existent item that was never supposed to be there); and a replacement bladder reservoir – screw on thread had become notched (suspect user error) they were happy to send new reservoir on to me..

doubledunter
    Free Member

Another positive here, somehow snapped the magnetic clip on zealot, was asked to email a pic of the buckle and sent out same day, free of charge.

househusband

I’ve got three Osprey packs of varying sizes and, whilst they haven’t yet arrived as I only contacted them last week, there’s replacement buckles with waist straps arriving for two backpacks that were bought around eight years ago – they’ve got a customer for life!

(From reading a few comments above it sounds like the buckles and clips are a weak point, perhaps?)

doubledunter
    Free Member

(From reading a few comments above it sounds like the buckles and clips are a weak point, perhaps?)

TBF Im pretty sure I slammed the van door on mine :/

ebennett

Great company. Sent me a new clip for my raptor after I stood on it an broke it. Was in my hand the next day free.

+1 – broke mine in a crash, completely my fault but got replaced for free.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Clips are fine. I broke them by either standing on them or getting them caught in doors etc.

ajantom

Not just me then. Nice when companies are generally nice.

nant
    Free Member

I bought a snowboard bag ( Osprey Kode ) . The teeth came away from the bag for the main compartment so couldn’t zip it up which rendered the bag 3/4 useless. It was a tapered zip so my fault for being a bit rough with it. Sent off to Osprey.

Within 4 days I had the bag back and they had repaired the tapered zip, just in time for the new season. Brilliant!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Osprey – brilliant customer service’ is closed to new replies.