Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Osprey backpacks and full face helmets
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Looking at osprey backpacks due to the handy open face helmet clip and the sizeable discount I can get on them. I also want to carry a full face helmet (not at the same time as the other helmet!). I realise the zealot is designed for both but what’s with all the foam plate thing and the seemingly pointless tool bag? Has anyone tried carrying a full face helmet with something like a raptor or other style pack? Looking at 10L or less really. To be used at enduro races.

Duane…
    Free Member

Just putting this out there, but even when I’ve been pushing my bike up hill with a full-face lid, and had a bag that could hold it, the helmet always just went on the bars, much less hassle.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I’d rather not ride technical singletrack with a normal helmet on my head and a full face on my bars. I’d prefer it was on my back out the way so I can ride normally

mangatank
    Free Member

I haven’t tried carrying a FF helmet, but Osprey packs are generally superb.

Duane…
    Free Member

Wait, so you’re going out for rides with two helmets?

superfli
    Free Member

The idea is from the enduro scene. Climbs that deserve FF helemts out of the way, yet be accessible for the DHs.
    The seemingly pointless tool bag is possibly he best bit of the bag – certainly in the UK where Enduro is slightly less gnarly than europe. I love the toolbag/rollbag, keeps them all together and out of the main bag, possible to get to without even taking the backup off (although putting it back in might be a problem!)

Fantastic backpack IMO

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Yes Duane, this pack will mostly/only be used for the 10+ enduro races I’m doing this year. You need to wear a helmet at all times and a proper full face is just too hot to be doing 40km and 1500m of climbing in the summer and I’d rather not be doing race stages like the one below with a normal helmet on, considering that is a slower practise run. A full face also helped greatly with one crash I had last year so definitely want to use it again. Going to try on an Urge Archi Enduro to see if it can be used instead of two helmets but want to check other options.
    gets interesting from about 1:10 in
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP9I0U76OPo[/video]

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ll be in the market for a new pack to replace my MULE this year. The tool roll on the Osprey is a feature that appeals to me. In fact, I’ve been waiting for something like this as my tool pouch always ends up way at the bottom of the pack, meaning a long dig for it at best or dumping out the other stuff from the pack at worst.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Osprey backpacks and full face helmets’ is closed to new replies.