Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • OS maps – MOBAC not working anymore?
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Yay!

bazthewaz
    Free Member

My MOBAC (1.9.16) is now working on Window 10 (with the key) BUT the AQM files I load into AtlasQuest (2.0.1b) can’t be read – I get the grey camera bar sign.

What am doing wrong ….an ideas ?

cynikal
    Free Member

aracer – can you comment more about how you’re calibrating the maps? That’s the part i’m stuck on.. i wrote a python script to download streetmap.co.uk tiles for 25k and 50k (explorer/landranger), which resulted in about 15gb and 3.8gb of individual 200×200 tile .gifs respectively.. then i used PIL to merge the tiles into tiffs and i downloaded ordnance survey’s free streeview for each national grid sector, and used the .tab files for those with .tif (that were generated by merging the smaller tiles) so they had geospatial information attached to them. I then used gdalwarp to reproject to EPSG:3857 (going from the projection defined in the .tab file, which i presume is the same for OS’s streetview and streetmap’s tiles since they’re both based on the national grid eastings/northings). But my maps are still slightly off by a few pixels (which for explorer map translates up to a few dozen meters off).

Any advice how to properly reproject the streetmap tiles more accurately ? The tiles from bing seem to be projected properly already but someone mentioned they are not as up to date.. :-/

mikejd

I have followed the instructions for the xml file and get the ‘OS maps with key’ drop down. But I don’t get the mapping, just grey camera images.

Is this method still working?

cynikal
    Free Member

this is the xml i came up with, maybe give this one a try: (replacing your 64-character bing API key in the PUT_YOUR_KEY_HERE part):

<!–?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?–>
    <customMapSource>
    <name>UK Only – Ordnance Survey – Explorer & Landranger Maps @ BingMaps</name>
    <minZoom>12</minZoom>
    <maxZoom>17</maxZoom>
    <tileUpdate>None</tileUpdate>
    <url><![CDATA[https://{$serverpart}.ssl.ak.dynamic.tiles.virtualearth.net/comp/ch/{$q}?mkt=en-GB&it=G,OS,BX,L,LA&n=z&shading=hill&og=136&key=PUT_YOUR_KEY_HERE&c4w=1]]></url>
    <serverParts>t0 t1 t2 t3</serverParts>
    <backgroundColor>#000000</backgroundColor>
    </customMapSource>

cynikal
    Free Member

one thing you might also want to do, because i restrict the zoom levels between 12 and 17 (12, 13, 14 is the landranger series, and 15, 16, 17 is the explorer series), and because by default mobac starts with a map of the world (with germany in the center) but limits the zoom level to the minimum for the zoom level of the map source you’re picking, you may want to pan-around with another map source (that lets you have a wider view) and draw your bounding box first before switching to this one. otherwise you’ll end up getting bing maps of germany that you can’t zoom out of (and i don’t see an obvious way to pan around, let’s just say mobac doesn’t seem to have a very well designed interface)

or you could just change my xml’s minzoom to lower number too 🙂 i just prefer to restrict my xml’s minzoom to the zoom levels that actually show OS maps (as zoomlevel 11 and lower will show you regular bing maps), since i also wrote a script to create a mobac profile for each of the actual bounding boxes of each of the official explorer/landranger maps, as drawn here: http://anonym.to/?http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/mapsheetfinder.html

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘OS maps – MOBAC not working anymore?’ is closed to new replies.