Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Carradice sqr tour pack ?
  • iainc

thinking about one of these for going on the cross/tourer for hostel overnights. Don't want a rack and whilst I do have a big Camelbak Hoss it gets a bit heavy when road riding. http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-Carradice_of_Nelson-Carradice-Tour-Saddlebag-c-w-SQR–16Ltr-3693.htm

pretty expensive so keen to hear any feedback before buying

Thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member

glupton loves his – i posted a thread the other day about longflap campers and have been put off the bigger bags. but an SQR tour looks like a good half way house for audaxing and off roading

iainc

thanks – might try have a look at one somewhere

cheers

BigDummy
    Free Member

I've a longflap camper, but the SQR fixing stuff is very good. Not a bad place to have weight on the bike really, and much nicer than an over-heavy rucsack.

iainc

thanks for that. Not totally sure how it will sit above my canti brake cabling. their website gives a guide as to how much seatpost you need to have showing to attach and that dimension is ok, so here's hoping

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tin ribzz ….. Damn you i want a long flap again …. Where were you yesterday 😉

how sturdy is yours ? What sorta loading/trips you done ? Im looking at one to match my brooks 😉 and to hold kit when audaxing and ultimately tour dividing !

iainc

is there much of a difference between the 'tour' and the 'trax' ? – the trax is reccomended for off road (slimmer pockets I think) but does not appear to be waterproof..

tommid
    Free Member

I've got a Nelson Longflap and it is superb.
    Looks like something from the 50's and comes complete with the name of the person that made it…

tinribz
    Free Member

See pic 2 for where I was yesterday, inbetween Innerleithen and Edinburgh on the Coast and Castles.

Loadsa room for comfortable credit card touring, not tried packing a tent but have managed to tie even more bags of stuff on top before. Sturdy enough to take off-road no probs.

If you need more room than they carry I reckon you've over-packed or should be thinking about front panniers to balance it out.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I have an SQR slim, and it is great. Needed the width / flatness for work stuff, otherwise I'd have one of the other two with the outside pockets which I'm guessing are great too.

Joe

iainc

Joe – I was wondering about the slim, as I don't have a lot of seat tube out and the saddle tyre clearance could be a bit tight. Does the extra width get in the way of your legs when pedalling at all ?

cheers

iainc

have just mailed epicdesigns on the back of another post – bags look good, but maybe a bit too costly with shipping from Alaska !!

trail_rat
    Free Member

and the time factor iain . but look on dr jons wandering blog – he has some really nice bags for his bikepacking from epic or carrousel design works

iainc

trail rat – yeah, I asked them to include an idea on shipping time. I think I'm more likely to get the sqr slim in the end, as I need it for early June.

rootes1

sqr system is dead stable i have one fitted:

trail_rat
    Free Member

cant remember who it is – might be the ACA but they got eric or carrousel to do a bulk order of seat pods and fuel tanks to sell as stock .

if hes doing it for you from scratch you haven o chance of before end of june

joemarshall
    Free Member

Joe – I was wondering about the slim, as I don't have a lot of seat tube out and the saddle tyre clearance could be a bit tight. Does the extra width get in the way of your legs when pedalling at all ?

If I sort of lean backwards, whilst standing in the saddle, I can just about make my legs touch it if I try, but I've never hit it by accident.

Joe

iainc

Thanks for that Joe – reassuring 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

– the trax is reccomended for off road (slimmer pockets I think) but does not appear to be waterproof..
    I've got the trax. I think the only difference is the tour has proper side pockets where as the trax has mesh ones, which are handy for waterproofs, bottles of beer/wine etc, but aren't waterproof. The main bag unit is though.

iainc

Thanks Ian,

I reckon I will have seat/wheel clearance problems with the Tour and the Trax as I only have 75mm of seatpost showing and it's a cx bike, so thinking probs the slim.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Carradice sqr tour pack ?’ is closed to new replies.