Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Orro Terra Gravel – Any owners out there?
  • redal
    Free Member

I’ve got a Terra gravel on order, but it’s a bit of a mystery when there will be more stock as it seems out of stock everywhere.

It’s got me thinking with the usual & doubts creeping in (as I haven’t had chance to see one in the flesh):

Was it a good choice,
    Build quality,
    Is the laquered silver durable?
    Ride quality,
    How well are they assembled, etc.

It would be great if anyone who has one could chime in with there thoughts, good and bad.

dantsw13

I’d not heard of them, but now I have I’m very interested.

ElShalimo

Someone did recommend that bike on a gravel bike thread a few months ago
    Do a google site search for it

irvb

I ogled one for many weeks in my local Ubyk, but then went and got a Sequoia on C2W, so can’t help I’m afraid.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I saw one on the back of a car trailer but went and bought a KFC so I can’t help either I’m afraid.

alwillis

We had a medium in stock and sold it on Saturday. Getting more is somewhat problematic!

Decent build quality (obviously your LBS have a lot of control over how it leaves the shop) if a little porky in the frame and stock wheels. I haven’t actually ridden one, but they are generally well thought of, especially on a budget. The paint finish seems very durable based on the ones we get back in for servicing.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

I have one and love it, but mainly use it on road (my only non-mtb bike). Fulcrum wheels were not the best so have changed them, otherwise it is great – comfy ride, but quick (especially after wheel upgrade) and engaging. Laquer is fine, no chips, headset and BB holding up after 12m.
    So glad I got mine!

redal
    Free Member

Thanks for the helpfull replies and also the not so helpful 🙂

alwillis/dickyhepburn – It’s good to hear that you both see the paint finish as durable as I was a little hesitant with a clear laquered aluminium based on a friends experience of a genesis core laquer peeling a few years back.
    dickyhepburn – Thanks for your thoughts after 12 months thats really usefull

I’m getting mine from Leisure Lakes (hopefully), not sure on there assembly skills.
    I’m always happy to do a little simple re-building myself myself to ensure that things like the BB have assembly paste/grease on the threads etc so I don’t have future issues when I need to replace worn components.

Regarding the wheels, I know they are not the lightest, but it seems that most bikes up to £2k actually have entry level wheels so I figured as the rest of the bike seems pretty sound I could spend around £300 on a decent wheel upgrade at some point..

I’ve got a large on order based on being similar in TT length to my 58 crosscheck which seems a good fit. I will keep checking with LL bikes every week and try and be patient.

If anyone around York owns one (or knows a shop with one) I would really like to see it in the flesh, I know it’s cheeky but you’ve got to ask

BillOddie

Tyre clearance is limited to 35mm apparently. That would put me off.

ElVino

I ordered the £1000 one but it was a 5 week wait so I took the shops offer of an upgrade to the Discus and they split the money on the extra cost. It has Hydraulics and better wheels other than that it’s identical. It is a brilliant road bike, almost identical Strava times to my 3 times more expensive road bike. With mudguards and 28mm tyres it is the perfect fast commuter for me. I’d argue it’s not heavy for this type of bike, stock 9kg w/o pedals. Also very comfortable on bumpy canal and forest tracks.
    The negatives, I have had some BB trouble. Back to shop twice, last time it had a brand new one from Orro which only lasted 8 months and now squeaks like hell. Some noise about this on various forums about Orro bikes in general.
    Front fork clearance issues, I couldn’t get a new 38mm G-one to fit without slight rub, 32mm Gravel Kings are possibly best bet.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting with baited breath since February for the upcoming release of the new Orro Terra Gravel C (carbon).

Looks like it could be an awesome bike for what I want (i.e. I sold my carbon road bike in Feb and want something more versatile for light off roading but still quick on the road).

The Terra C should be out later this month / early July all being well, seems like Orro are doing final shakedowns around the South Downs as I write this. They’ve slackened the HA by 0.5 a degree compared to the Alu frame and have also increased clearance for 40mm tyres plus has mudguard mounts on the frame (pretty unusual for carbon bikes these days).

Potential for it to be an awesome bike when it arrives. Think the Terra C Ultegra with Hydro disks will be about £2299.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Orro Terra Gravel – Any owners out there?’ is closed to new replies.