Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • organising google photos
  • sadexpunk

sorry, cant find the thread i contributed to a while back, even after searching my history, so ill have to start another.

i asked about organising all my photos, google drive, portable drives etc and i think the consensus was to embrace the google photos method of searching.

all seems good for times, places etc, so if i want to find holiday pics i can just type in the place.

however, im hoping i could add ‘tags’ to photos to help find in future. things that are specific to just that pic that a search wouldnt bring up. ive opened a pic and looked for options, but cant find any way of doing this. if so id spend a bit of time tagging pics with extra info.

can this be done, or is it just a limitation of google photos?

ta

Jamie
    Free Member

If you open a pic, and hit the info button, there should be a description field. Add your custom tag in there.

Now I have not used this in a while, so Google may have depreciated the functionality. If it works, after 24hrs or so, whatever you added into the description field should now be searchable. Maybe just tag a couple to test it still works.

Jamie
    Free Member

Edit: Just checked and custom descriptions were searchable after an hour. YMMV.

Just a shame you can’t do it in batches. But then I guess that is what albums are for.

sadexpunk

thank you very much, looks like thats what im after.

cheers

sadexpunk

just been having a play, see what you mean about no batch tagging, thats a little frustrating. i know i can do albums instead, and i spose i could have the same pic in 2 different albums, just be better if you could just tag a load without having to overdose on albums…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘organising google photos’ is closed to new replies.