Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Organised ride – Insurance question…
  • uphilla
    Free Member

Hi, I am aiming to organise some ‘all ability’ rides locally. No idea how many people will turn up, but it was suggested to me that I need to look at insurance, which, to be honest, I had not considered.
    Has anyone done anything similar and know what cover is needed and the cost?
    Also looking at doing a Spring Bike Check day (I get so many people saying they don’t use their bikes because the gears don’t work, the tyres are flat etc.) Not aiming to do any repairs, but point them to professionals. Again I am aware you have to be careful about liability.

Any advice welcome – thanks!

jonba
    Free Member

British cycling? or the CTC?

Trekster

BC also run courses for this which you will probably need before they insure you 💡

When you say “all ability” what do you mean?

If children are involved you may need a child protection check/certificate

Lots of like minded people around but there are hoops to jump through to do it properly. I have a folder full of stuff, work with schools and Go-Ride club and used to do some stuff with swimming club inc special needs

Worth looking into
    http://www.children1st.org.uk/common/uploads/what_we_do/services/SiS/10_Steps_to_Safeguard_Children_in_Sport.doc

uphilla
    Free Member

Thanks, I have the CRB check – but think that only comes in if you are alone with children. Will explore with CTC, or maybe need to look at another angle…

hp_source

Could you combine the two – a lot of smaller events I been to (mountain bike marathons etc) give local bike shops the chance to park a van/tool tent in the main carpark/registering area, then people can ask/check/get fixed as necessary… or hand out cards for later.

I guess that would also avoid you the liability if you miss something on someone’s bike whilst giving it a once over.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Organised ride – Insurance question…’ is closed to new replies.