Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • organic Superstar pads OK these days yes or no
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Mot wishing to start any superstar arguments but are their pads OK these days?

organic for my Magura Louise brakes.

Drac

I’ve found their pads to be excellent, still have 2 packs left from a 4 pack deal I bought ages ago. Sintered if I remember rightly though.

montylikesbeer

v good, i use the kevlar ones

tadpole
    Free Member

no problems at all with their organic pads, wear a bit quick in all the cack at the moment, but they’re cheap!

stuartddancer
    Free Member

problems with the glue mating the pad to the plate now a thing of the past.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Kevlar reds are super powerful

drew

+1 for the kevlar version

grtdkad

+ 1 here for Kevlars

just about to put in another order, 4 pairs last me a full year (c1500mls) in my XTRs

DickBarton

Got the Kevlar ones…on the front they are brilliant…still seem to bedding in on the rear…after a few applications they are amazingly good.

Happy so far and expecting them to improve further.

Northwind

I wouldn’t be using organics this time of year but the kevlar ones are in all my bikes now, my facourite pads and also just happen to be very cheap.

As for delaminating, I’m sure it happens but it’s not just a superstar/cheap pads thing, I’ve had it with Shimano OEM and I had a Disco one break up (oh and a motorbike carbon lorraine back years ago). Sometimes stuff goes wrong, you just have to get on with it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

organic for my Magura Louise brakes.

As a looooong time Magura user (Louise, Louise FR, Louise BAT, Julie) and having tried lots of different pads (Including Superstar, Fibrax, Discobrakes) I’ll tell you right now, there’s nothing to touch genuine Magura pads for either lifespan or power. And that’s a fact.
    Other pads are OK, but not as cheap as they seem as they only last half as long. If you’re happy with a compromise to save a few quid, then fine. Personally I don’t buy anything other than OE Magura any more.

Superstar sintered pads for Shimano brakes are another matter though, I think they are very good,but don’t put sintered on Magura.

legend
    Free Member

As above you’ll chew through organic in no time at the moment. Not a fan of the kevlars myself, found them a bit soft at the lever and also wear out quick quickly.

I’d go for sintered myself

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Cheers for all the constructive comments. Might just stick with magura ones, despite their cost.

Nice to hear Superstar have cured their problems from a few years back though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘organic Superstar pads OK these days yes or no’ is closed to new replies.