Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Organic, Sintered, Other? (Brake pads)
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Am I correct in thinking;

Organic: More powerfull but fast wearing
    Sintered: Less power, but last forever
    Other: (Carbon lorraine, kevlar, etc) Witchcraft, claiming the stoping power of organics with the life of sintered.

If so, which pads for Swinley, dry and sandy with plenty of "whooaaaa, WTF" stoping power needed?

p.s. after being led astray by a group of guys I presumed were just city boys on over the top 6" bikes (trek remedy's mostly) and the first trail of the day seemingly consisting of a series of berms cut into a slope so steep even the trees are loosing grip I can report that the south east is not as flat I'd imagined!

thepurist

TINAS – remember that dry sandynyess turns into wet grinding paste quite easily – sintered FTW for me.

BTW – no worries about yesterday, glad you got there in the end. Happy to play tourguide some other time.

uplink
    Free Member

I tend to run sintered on the back & organic on the front for no other reason that I don't like the feel of sintered but I like the longevity 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yea sory for not making it, I ended up just asking random groups of stangers to show me round, lead to a few "whooooaaaaa WTF" moments as they dissapeared off big drops while I deperately search for the chicken run.

I think its a model other smaller trail centers would do well to adopt, big signs saying "do stupid sh** at your own risk". So may different lines to choose from you could probably ride the same track/hill all day and not hit the same line twice! And on every hillside there seemed to be guys busy with spades and pickaxes busy cutting another new line!

Will definately be back!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Organic, Sintered, Other? (Brake pads)’ is closed to new replies.