Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ordnance Survey Map Covered Picture are really bad
  • Gilles

Why the photos used by the Ordnance Survey map for their cover are so bad??? the one for Trowbridge and Warminster is a blur MTBiker with white socks, the one for Swansea is a MTBiker with Cantilever brakes on its bike (look like a 1980 photo which has been scanned). Can SimonFbarnes or SheldonA be in touch with their pictures department? Thank you.

sharki
    Free Member

Our Quantocks one has just been updated, now has a loon on a stork xc bike…yeah, right common is them..

13thfloormonk

Yeah, according to OS Dunkled is a centre of Dog Sledding Excellence?

cinnamon_girl

Check out Explorer 130 Salisbury & Stonehenge! Quality bike!

Not that I’m biased … Litespeed rock … but let down by dodgy coloured forks in the pic 😉

phiiiiil

My White Peak map shows a chap standing on a bit of limestone pavement, of which there aren’t any in the White Peak.

Landrangers show a local landmark, view or something recognisable; why do Explorers just show a generic “we can’t be bothered, have a random picture” instead?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

phill – because they can’t be bothered

Gilles

Yes I got it as well!. Nice yellow V-brake. Not sure it was near Stonehenge or Salisbury. These photos are just killing me.

barney
    Free Member

Sharki

The previous Quantocks one was a rather dubious photo of me!

And yes, it was taken in the Quantocks.. February, if I remember, with the remit of “pretend it’s spring”. Spring my arse 🙂

Gilles

barney, sorry, but at least your picture looks good. Just for curiosity, were you commissioned by OS to take the picture?

sharki
    Free Member
    GrahamS

At least four OS map covers were taken by Seb Rogers:
    http://sebrogers.typepad.com/seb_rogers_blog/2007/12/os-gets-active.html

Gilles

Ok , all understood, so things are improving then!!! Cool.

barney
    Free Member

Nah, the photoshoot was originally for the cover of (I seem to recall) What MTB, but it was never used. Pics from that series (there are better ones, honest) have cropped up in a variety of places, from ads in mags, the front cover of the CTC mag and the OS map.

Less of your sniggering, Sharki – I’m no oil painting at the best of times, even less so in a 10 year old too big Goretex on a test bike that’s too small trying to pretend I’m warm…

Seb took the pics, by the way 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ordnance Survey Map Covered Picture are really bad’ is closed to new replies.