Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • ordered a new bike today
  • dimmockgd
    Free Member

after a few years out of the saddle and a burning desire to do some mtb riding again as moved location and have some nice country side close by with some woodland trails and a country park

picked up/ ordered a marin nail trail 9.7 which popped up on hot uk deals at a rather bargain price

already debating whether to single ring it up front or stick with the double up front for now

locking at the spec, it’s an all round good bit of kit I think….

http://www.marinbikes.com/us/bikes/description/2015-nail-trail-9.7

nothing jumps out at needing to be changed immediately, perhaps the tyres but I’ll probably wear them out first

Poopscoop

Hello there!

Congratulations on the new Marin.

I would stay with the double up front initially at least particularly as your going to be riding in a new area and won’t quite know what the trails are like yet.

The extra gearing could come in handy.

If you’ve not been riding for a few years the extra range might be welcome on the steep climbs for a while too. 😉

jamj1974

Enjoy the bike. Hope you have many great rides on it.

dimmockgd
    Free Member

Cheers both, really looking forward to it. noted re the gearing, will certainly see how I get on over the winter months

when ive purchased bikes before I’ve normally had an instant urge to upgrade parts but I think the marin is generally all round well specced out

Poopscoop

Only things you might consider after first ride it do are all the usual contact point areas as they are down to personal preferences.

prawny

Keep it standard for a couple of weeks at least, get a feel for what isn’t quite right and tick things off the list.

I’ve been meaning to go 1x since before I got my Bizango but it’s still on a triple. Priorities innit bruv.

Poopscoop

Oh, one thing to think about,a dropper.

I use budget ones on my 2 bikes. Satori Pro, about £75. Purely mechanical so reliable too.They really are something that once you use you wonder why you never tried them before!

thegreatape
    Free Member

That’s a really nice bike.

dimmockgd
    Free Member

Fingers crossed this comes through, I ordered on line where there were 4 in stock and called first touched stock to be advised it would be picked and sent from a stock holding store

There is now none in stock, I just hope they werent all sold during the day yesterday

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Think I missed the boat here. Went to look at one yesterday, went away to think about it and subsequently showing sold out online. I had one sat in my checkout and an email inviting me to complete the process – thought I’d chance it, payment approved but fully expecting my order to be cancelled tomorrow.

dimmockgd
    Free Member

I’m not holding much hope myself, even though when I ordered it showed 4 in stock at least that’s not to say they weren’t sold in the shops during the day

my payment has been deducted however and I ordered late yesterday morning so shall see

if it doesn’t come through then I’ll have to hunt again for the ‘reserve option’

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Shock. They ‘oversold’ and couldn’t fulfill my order. Back to looking at Cube’s but not really getting excited enough about them to actually buy one.

core

These new Marin’s are nice, my LBS has a few in, really like them, as I do the new GT’s they’re stocking – think they’re making a comeback too, nice to see some of the early MTB brands producing decent stuff again.

There’s just something about a 29″ hardtail that looks ‘right’ (really restraining myself from looking at the new Solaris too much, particularly a custom metallic silver/grey one I saw on instagram) hope your Marin turns up OP!

dimmockgd
    Free Member

forgot to update this, the order came through ok and the bike has been fantastic

i did change a couple of bits (bars, stem, post) more for personal preference than anything else.

superb bike all round so far

jamj1974

Excellent !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘ordered a new bike today’ is closed to new replies.