• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by dcl.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Orange RX9 cyco cross bike-any good?
  • dcl

Looking at getting a second hand one of these. Does anyone have any experience of one??

jam-bo

Overpriced new. Depends how much you’re paying.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I believe there was a recall on some of the forks too.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Depends what you want it for. It’s no cross racer!

drewd

As above. It was overpriced compared to the competition when new, and is more of a do it all road bike than a CX racer. That said I’ve always liked them, but have never ridden one.

The market has been flooded with this type of bike in the last year or two, so consiquently prices have dropped. Have a look at what you can get new vs the asking price for the RX9.

saxabar
    Free Member

Got with one with C2W scheme, although I’m no CX racer. Use it for commuting, lending to visiting mates to go road riding, local rides around the woods, pub/shop bike, for long rides with missus and have even had a spin around the Marin on it. I’m really happy with it. Components not bling, but everything functions as it should. Poss’ difference from similar bikes is the fork slackness (a good thing if you’re thinking of trails). 🙂

cookeaa

A work colleague has had one for about 18 months now, it’s more of a commuter bike than anything else and that’s what he uses it for…

He loves it but is a proper Orange fan-boi and has yet to acknowledge that it was pretty crap VFM given the other bikes he could have had for similar money…

dcl

Cheers guys.
    It did seem the spec was a bit low so I will hold out for something a bit better!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Orange RX9 cyco cross bike-any good?’ is closed to new replies.