• This topic has 23 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by 5lab.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Orange price hike. WTF content.
  • MarkyG82

Did a search in here and found nothing.

Has anyone had the ‘price hike’ text? If so, how have you/ are you dealing with it. I am seeking legal advice from a solicitor friend and considering calling customer services. Have read stories online of people calling up and ending up with a bit of discount for the remainder of the contract.

Mine is a 24 month ending in january 2013. The increase equates to £1.20 a month. Although its not a huge amount, I need every penny at the mo (as do most people) and think this is a bit of a bad move by Orange.

Just thought I’d see what the STW massive thought about this.

brickwizard
    Free Member

Yes Iv had this too but as im out of contract and about too get another deal i havent bothered much about it. To be honest when shopping around for a deal i think orange is getting expensive and this 4 odd % is just pushing it a bit.

MarkyG82

Thats fair enough BW. I would most likely be doing the same unless they offered me a great deal.

Have they offered you anything?

voodoo_chile

my wife is trying to get out of orange so this could be the way to do it

will
    Free Member

Yup got the text. Another 10 months left on my contract too 😆 ah well, only another £1.30 a month

dogbert
    Free Member

Part of the terms and conditions that no one ever reads, good luck getting out of that…….does seem like a sneaky way to get people to pay for the unlimited internet access that people are using more than Orange expected them to

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Jesus thats dreadful. How much has a 5 frame gone up by?

totalshell

will the juice with bits in be going up as well

Spin
    Free Member

Luckily I still have the sash my father wore so it wont affect me…

M6TTF
    Free Member

Yup I got it – apart from being a bit peeved I think it’s a terrible move for them to make just before one of the busiest sales periods. The PR dept need a word!

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve just gone to giff gaff off a recommendation on here.

Ported number,up and running in two days no bother and cheap as chips.

MarkyG82

Part of the terms and conditions that no one ever reads, good luck getting out of that

There is a clause in the ofcom terms stating that you can cancel if the carrier changes the Ts + Cs to ‘Material Detriment’. They are still deciding whether it is material detriment or not. I think this is the deciding factor.

Voodoo – If your wife has many other events of bad cust. serv. then she may have a good overall case. Wouldn’t like to say either way though.

fullysussed
    Free Member

oh, _that_ orange! This s a MTB forum u know!

wrecker
    Free Member

Life Rule #47.7; never get a mobile phone contract with orange.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Really disappointed I always enjoy a good Orange bikes rant but this??? Sorry OP this is the most boring thread – EVER.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Orange hiked their prices in about 1992. The Clockwork was over priced and the Five is now. I didn’t need a text to inform me of this.

saxabar
    Free Member

Agree – really annoying. A little detail here on how to get out of it. I seldom use my mobile so have been thinking about going back down to PAYG. A text telling me they are changing my contract is enough to tip into getting around to it. Naive I know, but I’ve always thought the general idea of a contract is that it is an agreement stuck to by both parties.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Got business and personal on orange neither numbers had “the text”
    Orange customer service was great fwiw until they moved some of the call centre from (I presume) newcastle/Sunderland to some foreign shores!!

maccruiskeen

I’ve always thought the general idea of a contract is that it is an agreement stuck to by both parties.

No the ideas is that its an agreement that hasn’t been read and understood by one of the parties but the sign up anyway

crankboy
    Free Member

Me too but i’m out of contract so will shop around and move. Any recommendations for low use of phone high use of text ie 200-400 texts?

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone else think this was in the wrong forum and then started reading about contracts and wonder wtf he was talking about? 🙂

kimbers

molgrips+1

5lab

i figured some sort of interest free loan thingy that orange offered to buy shiney bikes had changed 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Orange price hike. WTF content.’ is closed to new replies.