Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Orange Patriot Repaint – Cost?
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

Has anyone had an Orange MTB full suss frame repainted by Orange?

What was the cost?

Bregante

From the Orange website (faq’s)

Can I get my Orange mountain bike re-sprayed?X

Yes, we offer a full re-spray service on all Orange mountain bikes. You can either contact us directly or make arrangements through your dealer.

Before sending your frame for re-spray, remove all over-lacquer decals. This minimises the time we have to spend preparing each frame and maximises efficiency. Package carefully and send to the factory (see contact page). Include a clear covering letter with all necessary contact information.

On receipt of your frame, we will strip the existing paint and prepare it for powder-coating. It will then be painted in the earliest allocated window for that particular colour, with standard colours painted more frequently. Fresh out of the oven we’ll face and ream any excess paint, reassemble with new bearings, apply new decals and fit a metal headbadge. This is a fairly labour intensive programme, but when it’s finished, it’ll come back looking like brand new.

Expect a wait of two to three weeks depending on colour choice and schedule.

Hardtails (including decals and return postage in mainland UK) – £150
    Full suspension (including pivot kit, decals and return postage in mainland UK) – £200

chestrockwell

Some think the price Orange charge is too high but I priced up getting my 5 repainted at a local powder coater. When you added the cost of decals, pivot kit and postage the local chap came in very close to the Orange price in anything but the most basic colour. I’d defo use Orange if I get mine repainted.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I thought it was £100.00 @Orange! .

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

For what it’s worth, I think getting Orange to paint it for you is worth it. Not had a full sus done but had my Elite re-sprayed earlier this year and the finish was very impressive. The guys at the LBS were also very impressed and asked who had done it, such was the quality.

Also nice guys to speak to as well, very helpful.

Lummox

I had a patriot 66 done last year, was a fantastic job they did, updated the decals and bearing covers as well as bearings, and they also put a new hanger on for free (i’d held onto the old one to avoid potential damage in transit) i would thoroughly recommend their service.

jonk

Don’t forget they check the frame for cracks, they ream the head and seat tube and face the bottom bracket. Mine came back like new but it was £150 when i had it done.

adam1330
    Free Member

My 5 is off at the moment being painted by Orange, should be getting it back next week, can’t wait!

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i’ve had a patriot re-sprayed in the past and the finish was excellent – would certainly use them again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Orange Patriot Repaint – Cost?’ is closed to new replies.