Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Orange patriot internal hose routing… again!!!
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

So I still haven’t threaded my brake hose through the swingarm yet, will I need a new olive and barb if I don’t cut the hose? Shimano saint m810.

coatesy
    Free Member

Doubt if you’ll get it through without removing all the fittings.

alfabus
    Free Member

if you are NOT cutting the hose:

new barb – no
    new olive – strictly speaking yes, but you can usually get away without replacing it – worth a try.

Dave

yoshimi

IME you’ll be chopping the barb and olive off as you want as much flexibility as possible when trying to coax it through the hole – horrible job

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Gently prise open the olive a little, pull out the barb.
    Poke a length of stiff bendy wire through the swingarm.
    Tape some string to the wire, pull it through.
    Attatch the string to the hose with a knot and electrical tape, pull through the swingarm.
    Re-assemble brake.
    Works for me. 🙂

Bagstard
    Free Member

Thanks all, sounds like a fun job for me rthis weekend then.

ads678

It really isn’t that hard to do. Get a wire coat hanger, straighten it out, shove it through the swing from the back end, attach the cable outer/brake hose to the wire and pull it back through. Voila!

coatesy
    Free Member

Shimano olive’s aren’t split, so you won’t be able to prise it open and re-use it. Always easier to push through from front to back if possible, I use a hook and pick set from Machine Mart, one to hook aoround the hose and hold it steady, the other to push into it’s end and guide it out, easy job unless you have braided hoses which bend when you try pushing them.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I used the wire coat hanger for the gear cable, I was thinking the brake would be easier.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Orange patriot internal hose routing… again!!!’ is closed to new replies.