Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Orange Patriot
  • polo
    Free Member

Is this a good climbing bike….for technicall and step sections?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably depends on the pilot but it doesn’t scream up hill bike

Jeffus
    Free Member

I asked this a while back general feedback was it was quite gravity orientated, and to go for Alpine instead, so I’ve bought a SC Blur 🙂
    But I still hancker for a Patriot they are so grr looking, would be a hoot on some real rocky mountains

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nomad would climb much better too

grantway
    Free Member

The 5 AM or the Alpine 160 probably the best bet if you want
    an Orange for the do it all bike

godzilla
    Free Member

I have a new Patriot and with the seat up it climbs well, I’ve done days out at Hansterly DH and rode top to bottom all day on the bike no problem, I wouldn’t want to XC on it as I have a Five for that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Climbs well or climbs well for a 7″ bike?

Rorschach
    Free Member

From orange.
    “The Patriot fits squarely between the Alpine 160 and 322, a hard riding big-mountain machine for slamming into turns and boosting off lips. Taking the rough with the smooth, it’s capable of technical climbing, but the Patriot is all about the gravity fuelled good times.”

godzilla
    Free Member

Climbs well for a big bike but as I say I wouldn’t want use it unless there was a great decent to smash down.
    I got mine as a holiday bike not an every day bike, what are you wanting to do on one OP?

polo
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments….I was thinking at first on buying the Alpine but I like the look of the Patriot much more…probably I will build it with the Alpine specs…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What are you going to use it for?

For that amount of money on the frame there are a lot of capable bikes out there.

polo
    Free Member

I will do technical rocky DH…. I like the specs on the frame, specially the 74° seat angle and the slacked head angle….

banks
    Free Member

Love them, but now for the money I’d just stick 140/180 Talas on a mega

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Spesh Status

Many others available in a similar idea 🙂

polo
    Free Member

Many others like what?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

7 or 8 inch fun bikes. To be honest the alpine patriot etc are a lot of cash for a single pivot bike. It’s quite a premium for what it is. Looking round at things like the enduro evo, mega, nomad, zesty or groggy etc.

Had a decent play on an alpine but just not that impressed compared to other stuff available.

polo
    Free Member

Those are fine bikes but i like the look of the Patriot better…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fair enough.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Orange Patriot’ is closed to new replies.