Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Orange P7 S
  • dandan
    Free Member

I am thinking of getting a hardtail for the winter, and for using on more gentle rides, the likes of delemere and other rides were a full susser is not required.

I am thinking of getting one on the cycle to work scheme and I like the look of the 2010 P7 S, I would get it in bright orange!

Does anybody own a P7, or does anybodys mate own one, are they a good hardtail?

cheers

LMT
    Free Member

Great bike! i only need a chainset and cassette for mine and its ready for fun!

enfht
    Free Member

bootiful bikes, I had fwee in the seventies

No honestly I love mine to bits. You can't go wrong but tbh I think you have to stay below 1k for the c2w scheme

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I can't talk about new ones, but my black one from 99 still looks superb. Ok I don't use it like I should, or as often, but I boutght it really well set up, and if I cleaned it it could pass for nearly new apart from "wear and tear" on items like grips.

TBH as a little lad, It;s a tad overbuilt for me, but they'd stopped doing the clockwork when I bought it, and I wanted a steel frame.

The new ones are not quite like the old ones, but the geometry was in a contemporary fashion at the time, more racy, quicker and agressive than many others I tried from Sepch and Marin, which suited me.

A solid, strong, well built bike, good for uk conditions. My only regret was I really felt the Clockwork was better, it was a touch "zippier" in the rear triangle, and with better wheels than the p7 that teplaced the Clockwork.

TBH, without wishing to intrude on the "fanboy" debates, Orange Bikes (I've had 2 p7's and the clockwork) just seem well engineerd cycling solutions. The frame may be from Taiwan, but the "deisgn" character and geometry is pure UK. Great mud clearance, full frame fittings.

There could be better out there, but you can't really buy a "bad" Orange bike (since the x1 or x2 possibly?) although I;d love a new R8 if I can get cycle to work fundage.

Buy, forget and enjoy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Orange P7 S’ is closed to new replies.