Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Orange iPhone plans – anyone got one?
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

I'm currently with O2, at the end of my contract and thinking of leaving (poor customer service experience).

Am i correct in thinking there is a limit on data use with the Orange plans? 500mb. Does anyone get close to that?

Jamie
    Free Member

Nearly all iPhone/Smartphone tariffs seem to be settling on the 500mb a month limits, either explicitly or via fair use, in relation to new sign-ups. So I imagine it will be quite similar offerings across the board.

cynic-al
    Free Member

"opera"!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

"opera"!

I'm pretty tired of it on the iPhone – it's badly in need of an update.

CaptJon
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    "opera"!

Saves on data, right?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Saves on data, right?

Absolutely.

But lacks polish I reckon.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes CJ – Opera compresses data before sending to your phone. Not sure by how much tho. Poss not as slick as safari as DD says.

CountZero

It's apps like TuneIn Radio that push the usage sky-high. A three hour 6Music show is 100Mb. A week of listening to LaLa or Nemone and there's your limit reached. That's why they've capped usage, because of people like me. :mrgreen:

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I signed up in October so I've got another year and a bit of unlimited usage, don't think I use a huge amount though so will probably be ok when I get capped (although its nice to have the freedom!)

Don't expect brilliant service from them either though. Unless something dramatic changes between now and next October I'm going elsewhere!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Orange iPhone plans – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.