Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 127 total)
  • Orange have managed to make another awful looking bike
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Good to see the “serious cyclists” frothing at the mouth again over this sort of thing. I mean imagine riding a bike with the wrong type of clipless pedal…

Yeh, it’d be shit. If you’re gonna do something, do it properly. Or just spend your time mincing about on your Orange Bloods and Orange Carbo-s

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

fills with grit quicker than a budgie gizzard

A mate had a budgie what used to tear up the sanded sheets in it’s cage to absolute shreds. Put a new one in and it would be half destroyed within a few minutes.

It had behavioural issues, and once bit a TV licence inspector so hard it drew blood.

He was warned though. 😐

Junkyard
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences

Unless you’re like old and past it, get long and low, it’s great, bikes handle better, they’re stiffer, you go faster, it’s brilliant

Chuckles stick io to them fella – just challenge them to a race – not downhill you do maths and stuff so you understand about mass and gravity 😉

flow
    Free Member

I like it

Brycey
    Free Member

“Yeh, it’d be shit. If you’re gonna do something, do it properly. Or just spend your time mincing about on your Orange Bloods…”

Quality, a bit of profile stalking! Nice way to end the weekend.

derekrides
    Free Member

I don’t think it looks to bad, as Road Bikes go, don’t quite get why there is such negativity on here towards the brand, it’s a Brit brand after all, rider owned, none corporate, where’s the beef?

Better Orange than some warmed over CRC knock off or French crap that breaks or pseudo yank stuff with 36% warranty failure, wtf have they done to piss everyone off so?

Or is it simply the green eye that they are a bit successful, I’m sorry, I like Orange, they’re O.K. never owned one, but then no-one ever tried to sell me one. I’d certainly ride that if I had to ride a road bike and there was nothing else interesting to do like sticking needles in my eyes.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Quality, a bit of profile stalking! Nice way to end the weekend.

Thats what the profile button’s there for innit!?

Brycey
    Free Member

S’pose it is, aye. I’m away to do a lap of Llandegla…

grum
    Free Member

I think it looks kind of cool – ’tis way too expensive though. Not quite sure why it’s inspiring such hatred.

It is a terrible name though.

RealMan
    Free Member

Chuckles stick io to them fella – just challenge them to a race – not downhill you do maths and stuff so you understand about mass and gravity

He was asking for it 😉

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Druidh “Reminds me a bit of those “BMW” bicycles – bought by the gullible brand fanboys”

Ive ridden four different brooklyn frames now and i love them all.. A mechanic who used to fix my bike came second overall in the national 4x series on a supertherm big ben.

when i can.. I’ll buy one.

RealMan
    Free Member

Think he means this..

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

In that case… Fair play 😀

walleater

I don’t know where people get the idea that road bike have to have slammed stems. Here’s a random picture of some roadies:

Some stems are slammed. Some are not. Depends on (shock horror) how the bike fits them.

Here’s a nice old Colnago:

I’m sure if you go to a professional road bike fitter, he’s not just going to say ‘slam it down!’

Matt24k
    Free Member

It’s all about the target market. The guys at Orange are not stupid, they have built a solid brand and what seems to be a sucessful company. It then seems that that they have to suffer from the effects of the “British Disease” that is the over whelming desire to knock sucess.
    To my mind they have built a road bike aimed at their current customer that wants to cross over to a road bike but does not want a full on race bike.
    Only time will tell if it is too expensive but a strong brand name can carry a premium when it come to pricing. Just look at the VW group, Audi and Skoda have many shared components in their same segment models but vastly different price points.
    As for the look of the Carb-O? I like it but that’s my personal opinion.

coffeeking
    Free Member

The amount of massive bike manufacturers that have their showing off bikes with full dura ace and bling wheels, and then have the stem 5 feet above the headtube… I don’t know why they do it. Looks awful.

Really? You actually care that they have a few mm of spacers on display? Jesus I’d never have even noticed if you didn’t point it out, and now you have I don’t think it detracts from it. Who says “slammed” is good?

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Well said Matt 24.

ianpinder
    Free Member

If it had a two grand frame then it would be a bargain.

But nobody knows what quality the frame is….

walleater

Further to the slammed stem bollox, I was trying to find a modern road bike that wasn’t totally minging, and I finally found one! And look, the stem has a sensible rise and length:

Steve77
    Free Member

It’s probably just as good as the attempts at mountain bikes by road-only manufacturers i.e. not bad, but few on here would buy one

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Orange have managed to make another awful looking bike a bike I don’t get

If you don’t like it; that’s OK. I doesn’t make it rubbish, though.

Funnily enough I did have a Vitamin T (mtb) and when they released it I got the Dynamo too. I still have it. It’s a great road bike. Who is to say this won’t be?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

The Orange looks fine to me, and the price is on par with many other bikes at this level.
    They should have made more. In Bright Orange

stumpy01

No idea if it’s competitively priced or not, but I think It looks quite nice.

10x better than all the road bikes you see that have every spare inch covered by garish logos.

steve_b77
    Free Member

It looks ok really, not overly sure about the oranges on the fork, but hey ho.

More to the point, what on earth is this meant to mean?
    A calculated swerve between sportive and race distinctions

GlitterGary
    Free Member

All road bikes look rubbish.

mogrim

Looks alright to me, though it does seem overpriced for a 105 equipped bike. I’d ride one happily enough.

hora
    Free Member

you’re right, they’ve sold out already

There really are people out there who will overpay for anything.

Ribble offer the same for better money IMO.

charliedontsurf

What matt24k said. It’s bang on for a uk mtber wanting to try the road. Techy road bikes is big business.

Wiggle press released last week… Cycling is the new golf… We might go PLC on the stock exchange.

Folk are happy to spend £2-3k on a Carbon bike that they like. That’s a bit better than their mates, so they can go for a Sunday bimble and talk about wiggins.

You can rewrite that substituting some words with clubs and tiger woods.

hora
    Free Member

Yip plus why is my bike frame £2,095? (2011 Turner 5spot ano). The mind boggles. Its nice but no way over 1k tops.

cardo

+1 Matt24k
    +1 charlie the bikemonger

oh and +1 for Orange bikes too!

bigG
    Free Member

I’m not knocking them as a company, I think they are a successful business for a reason. I own Orange bikes and love them. However, that spec for that money is just not competitive in the current market and for that reason it appears that they are cashing in on the Fanbois who either don’t know better or can afford that kind of money for a lower spec than they can get elsewhere.

I’m sure Orange will sell loads of them, and I’d ride one if someone else paid for it. But if I was spending that kind of money on a new road bike I’d be very very disappointed if I only got Shim 105.

PS, Stems need to be slammed, end of. Euro rules or go home..

flow
    Free Member

There really are people out there who will overpay for anything.

Ribble offer the same for better money IMO.

Except you have to wait 13 years for them to build and deliver it and the customer service is shite.

It then seems that that they have to suffer from the effects of the “British Disease” that is the over whelming desire to knock sucess.

Spot on.

phil.w
    Free Member

and the price is on par with many other bikes at this level

Really?. Take the Giant TCR composite for example. 105 = £1300, ultegra/105 = £1500, ultegra = £1700

So how is the Orange even close to good value?

It then seems that that they have to suffer from the effects of the “British Disease” that is the over whelming desire to knock sucess

How is being shocked at the price knocking success?

hora
    Free Member

They’ll open price to what the market will pay.

Lets not forget that alot of hobbiest-cyclists here seem to think the more you pay the better it’ll (must) be.

I bet a few potential on-one carbon customers have been put off buying a carbon456 as they think its too cheap to be safe?

grum
    Free Member

However, that spec for that money is just not competitive in the current market

You could say that about their mountain bikes too though and they seem to do ok.

DezB
    Free Member

GlitterGary – Member
    All road bikes look rubbish.

As per usual, GG sums it up.

(I like the pretty Oranges on the forks 😳 )

smell_it
    Free Member

No knocking of orange here; it seems the the ideal road bike for an mtb’er already invested in the orange. I think some of the press gubbins from orange was quite open about their customers being happy to pay a premium for their product. I paid a silly amount of cash decking out my parlee, and is it worth it? to me yes, but to others it’s still just a push bike. As a bike, it doesn’t really do much for me, and objectively it does seem pricey compared to the competition. When you consider planet x are throwing some dura ace onto a carbon frame for just over £1500, you would have to be into orange.

wrecker
    Free Member

I think some of the press gubbins from orange was quite open about their customers being happy to pay a premium for their product

That’s my only problem with Orange. They have some truly loyal customers and how do they repay them?
    Make them pay over the odds. Because they can.

Del

‘business in attempt to make money shock’
    is this really a surprise?

alot of hobbiest-cyclists here

yeah! pfft! amateurs! 🙄

grum
    Free Member

That’s my only problem with Orange. They have some truly loyal customers and how do they repay them?
    Make them pay over the odds. Because they can.

You reckon Orange have massively higher profit margins than other bike companies?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Orange have managed to make another awful looking bike’ is closed to new replies.